My Deep Blue Pro 80 Upgrade

cet98

02/27/2015 Update:

okay....I told you it would be slow....but here is an update none the less ;)

I finally got the stand and tank downstairs into my office and started the process of plumbing...After reading about the poor quality of the bulkheads supplied with the Deep Blue RR tanks and how they are brittle and crack easily, I went ahead and ordered new quality bulkhead replacements.

I installed the two AquaticLife stand light hangers I forgot I had :) (nicer than the DIY conduit I had in the last house) and dry fitted some PVC to get started on where to drill through the wall for the plumbing to the sump in the adjoining utility room...

Picked up some Desk Grommets to clean up the holes in the wall as the plumbing transitions through it....I hate messy...

Now I need to decide exactly where in the room I'm going to place the sump...either on the wall directly behind the tank or, more likely, up against the exterior foundation wall, which I have a feeling will allow more maneuverability for me within the room since it is a rather narrow room....and I'm NOT a narrow guy.... :p

I also started my water station with a 65gal vertical container I recently picked up and hope to be able to fit a narrower/smaller container next to it as well...

So.....it coming along slowly as I knew it would but at least it's coming along....

Now I need to order some glass baffles and get the sump and plumbing done.....

DJE

Slow progress is better than zero progress:) Coming out nice and clean. Great job!:happy_bounce:

rockhead

Looking great , as said before nice clean look. Keep the pics coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cet98

thanks Adam ;)

one step closer....got glass baffles today for sump....next up.....silly cone.....

ultimatemj

Not sure how far your run will be, but I've got ~24' of Tigerflex/Spaflex leftover from my basement run if you are looking for vibration free, elbow free, joint free, plumbing :)

I'll have to verify but I think I have 24' of 1" & 1-1/2"...

cet98

03/17/2015 Update:

Slow and steady wins the race, huh?....LOL

Finally got around to finalizing the sump baffle installation and all the PVC plumbing for both the DT and the Mixing Station :)

Plumbing through the wall with grommets:

Plumbing on opposite wall in sump room: I still need to wrap the suspended wire around the pipes to secure them...

Plumbed sump....will install a 10 gallon ATO tank to the right of the sump:

and finally, after an over night water/vinegar rinse, the finalized and plumbed mixing station:

next up.....install return pump, fill up tank and sump with RO/DI water and add salt..... ;)

DJE

Looks good The grommets makes it look so fresh and so clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cet98

thanks fellas....

almost forgot, I need to get to the store and buy some window tint for the back and part of the left side (to cover the exposed overflow area) and apply today...:hmpf:

speaking of the overflow, I'd like to know other's opinion regarding the DB durso standpipe strainer....not sure if I should or shouldn't install it.....the overflow box has teeth on it but a snail can certainly go over it and get lodged in the drain pipes...but the strainer will definitely restrict flow and can certainly become clogged....thinking to forget it....thoughts?

[MENTION=1277]jrpark22000[/MENTION] this will be a full tank transfer so no time for cycling....this will be an instant reef.... ;)

jrpark22000

Premium member
thanks fellas....

almost forgot, I need to get to the store and buy some window tint for the back and part of the left side (to cover the exposed overflow area) and apply today...:hmpf:

speaking of the overflow, I'd like to know other's opinion regarding the DB durso standpipe strainer....not sure if I should or shouldn't install it.....the overflow box has teeth on it but a snail can certainly go over it and get lodged in the drain pipes...but the strainer will definitely restrict flow and can certainly become clogged....thinking to forget it....thoughts?

[MENTION=1277]jrpark22000[/MENTION] this will be a full tank transfer so no time for cycling....this will be an instant reef.... ;)
Even better, gotta love insta-reef!

I can't see your photos at work as they block the source, but can you put a top on your skimmer box to prevent the snail from making it over the teeth? If not, I'd run the strainer. Less flow, but mr bud luck will show up sometime with a snail in your pipes.