Planning a new system- sneak peak

Herbie

Banned
like Joe said: number one unless that unique line of the trim is repeated somewhere else. And I think it's a scorpion from Pitfall in the tank.

DJE

I like 2 & 3 Mark. This is going to turn out really nice. Can't wait to help out:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMreef

Thanks guys , I figured most popular would be #1. Me personally like #2 and than #1. Tank will go it the corner, that side where is no white rim will be against wall. I wanted to do something different, that's those two other options are there. Well still have plenty of time to decide.

MMreef

Equipment:
1. Tank
Tank will be customized Elos 120XL , 47Lx32Dx19H all starphire glass. I got a great deal from good friend that had one with cracked back panel.I will be replacing it soon with help of another member that has done this before. I figured,since I have to do all this ,I will also get rid of stock overflow and will go with two Xaqua INOUT that I ordered already and have them in my possession. Short video for those not familiar with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UpqgRU_9o0o

This is the way as you see in video I want my tank to look. Stand will be build by me, design to be decided still, but you saw the idea I have above.

2.Sump
Sump will be custom made to accommodate my big skimmer and zeo reactor from Vertex that I will be purchasing soon. This tank will be full Zeovit system.

3. Skimmer
I am very happy with the one I have and will keep it. Skimz SM 201 Monzter rated almost for 500 gal. will take care of keeping my tank clean.

4.Flow
Two Tunze 6105 on controller will take care of what I need.

5.Light
After careful consideration I will be replacing my dimmable ATI T5 6x39W for another ATI PM LED/T5 combo. With my new tank being almost 32in. front to back I will go with 36 in. fixture 8x39W T5 and 2x75W LED clusters.

6. Controller
Right now I have RKL that does what it supposed to do, in the near future most likely Apex will replace it.

7. Dosing
This will be done by Marine Color MCD-3 dosing pump.

I will not be using any LR to start with as I don't want to introduce any unwanted pests. I will start with dry rock that will be cycled and placed in sump, and ceramic rock from Cerameco for main display. http://cerameco.com/gallery/vida-rock-standard-shapes/
I got the Bonsai and Branch large pieces for my tank. Most likely tank will be BB. Tank will be full blown SPS, with few small ,active fish and one big one, as main attraction. Still working on final stocking list.

All this will take couple months at least from start to getting it wet, but I will take my time to make sure all is done right. Any suggestions from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

edsbeaker

Sounds like a great build! Those Xaqua's look so tiny. Are they a combination of overflow and wave maker in one?

MMreef

Thanks to Brett ( brettz16 ) , he made really cool 3D renderings of my two final designs.

1.- black background

2.- blue background

Cubbies

I think blue gives the tank more depth and looks great. Don't get me wrong I love the black too but for some reason I would lean towards the blue. I've personally used both and I think it just comes down to personal preference Mark. Either way I'm sure you will make the right choice and make it look amazing like always!