Sawdonkey’s 210 Build #2

Spartanman22

That guy is awesome! I agree once you have an eel in your reef you’ll never go without one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
That guy is awesome! I agree once you have an eel in your reef you’ll never go without one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, he’s awesome because it’s a treat to see him. He’s not out and about much. Although, his original owner said he didn’t come out for a month after introduction and he’s going much better that that.

madjoe

Premium member
Eels are night time escape artists, be you’re top is secure.
I had two of these guys they stay at the bottom besides feeding time spend most there time in there cave. But most are escape artist. I had a cool gold stripe one in my fowlr i think its still in underwater worlds office tank

Mjl714

sounds pretty secure. One morning I found my eel on the floor and grabbed it and threw it back in tank, fortunately the eel was unfazed by the incident. The top was one of those glasstops with customizable plastic back pieces, which I thought was very secure and tight, so much to my surprise.

Anyway your eel looks beautiful in your video.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I jacked up my water parameters before thanksgiving by adding some dry rock, leaving town for 7 days, and my skimmer air intake getting plugged. Many corals browned out and I lost a frag or two.

Anyway, things are back on track. I picked up a used skimmate locker and cannot believe I didn’t get one years ago. Really reduces the cup cleaning, skimmate dumping, and most importantly, overflows.

Pics:

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Milton's looking good!
Yeah, he’s awesome, but is so reclusive. Only comes out to eat, and that’s not even that often. I hope he gets more comfortable and starts coming out more. Even when he eats, he grabs a shrimp and hauls ass back to his cave with it.

Fish_wiz2

Yeah, he’s awesome, but is so reclusive. Only comes out to eat, and that’s not even that often. I hope he gets more comfortable and starts coming out more. Even when he eats, he grabs a shrimp and hauls ass back to his cave with it.
I think he will, given time. When Adam first got Milton we barely saw him too, and just getting him to eat was a struggle, I was throwing suggestions on everything I could think of to get him to eat.

Funlad3

I'm glad it's a Merlin and not something else; I have a piece growing in my buddy's tank, so at least I don't have to track down something new!

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I'm glad it's a Merlin and not something else; I have a piece growing in my buddy's tank, so at least I don't have to track down something new!
Just kidding. ...it’s ARC Fireworks. Now you have to buy that......just kidding it’s actually Merlin’s staff.