Sawdonkey’s 210 Build #2

Sawdonkey

Premium member
This used skim locker is the best $50 I’ve spent in a long time. Can’t believe I haven’t always had one of these! I’m serving protein shakes tonight!

Spartanman22

The spill lockers are amazing. Last large tank I had I had a swabbie, skimmate locker and float installed in the locker. So even if I forgot to empty it the skimmer would shut off. I wouldn’t have to touch my skimmer except to empty the container once a month and clean the skimmer 2x/year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
The spill lockers are amazing. Last large tank I had I had a swabbie, skimmate locker and float installed in the locker. So even if I forgot to empty it the skimmer would shut off. I wouldn’t have to touch my skimmer except to empty the container once a month and clean the skimmer 2x/year.

This one has a float switch that turns it off too. I just dump the container every two weeks, stick a brush down the neck every once and a while, and clean the cup every now and then.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Corals are finally coming around even thou I’m struggling to bring my NO3 down.

WCR Rainbow

BC Nilbog Resident

RR Event Horizon

No-namer that’s trying to bring out some color

Another no namer trying to color up

CRT Peachy Delight

Unknown coral from BC

Spartanman22

That Nilbog Resident is impressive! The BC no namer looks similar to my BC Ponape Rainbow Rosario.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
That Nilbog Resident is impressive! The BC no namer looks similar to my BC Ponape Rainbow Rosario.

Thanks. The no-namer is one that is a BC coral, but Adam has it off to the side and it browned out and he lost track of what it was. I think the ponape Rainbow has more green to it.

I got ten like this from him. It’s fun to see what the color up into.

Spartanman22

Thanks. The no-namer is one that is a BC coral, but Adam has it off to the side and it browned out and he lost track of what it was. I think the ponape Rainbow has more green to it.

I got ten like this from him. It’s fun to see what the color up into.
I love the no namer surprise pieces. Half my tank is $10-25 browned out frags. Most of my favorite pieces are no-namers.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I love the no namer surprise pieces. Half my tank is $10-25 browned out frags. Most of my favorite pieces are no-namers.

What’s fun about these is that they actually are named pieces, it’s just that he forgot or lost track of what they are because they were all at the side of his tanks. So as they color up, I may or may not be able to tell what they are.

Adam said he thinks that one is his leprechaun purgatory....but again, I think that one has more green than my mystery piece too.

This one is coloring up and he said he thinks it’s BC Efflo 2.0.

Spartanman22

Ya once I get a bigger tank up I need to get some BC stuff. I just don’t have the room right now.

Deezill

Premium member
Just got a standard 210 marineland with no overflows. Drilling for GlassHoles overflow box. Thought about going with a 180 to get rid of the height, but it was actually significantly more than the 210.

I’m getting the tank from a guy I know that has wholesale hookup.
I was going to ask where did you get your 210 from I am in the market for a 180 - 240.

GugsJr

TeamCR
Do you have a method for doing it that you’d be willing to share? :)

Well most corals will extend at lights out to feed. What I've found that works for me is using polyp booster and coral food at the same time. I feed twice a week and make sure it's always at 5pm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tinman

Nice PE!

PE always feels as black magic to me as "how do you get an RBTA to bubble"...
To me you have to train a coral to show PE in the day light

Do you have a method for doing it that you’d be willing to share? :)

Well most corals will extend at lights out to feed. What I've found that works for me is using polyp booster and coral food at the same time. I feed twice a week and make sure it's always at 5pm.

sorry for butting in here :) but IMO PE happens both when they are feeding and wen the nutrients in the water are just right ... lower than needed they retract, more than needed they retract as soon as the feeding is done.
ohh and heavy indirect flow helps a lot which is easy in big tanks but hell difficult in smaller tanks

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Nice PE!

PE always feels as black magic to me as "how do you get an RBTA to bubble"...
Thanks. No idea, except that I don’t have angels anymore. I run one gyre with two of the WAV pumps. WAVs do patterns throughout the day and the gyre is on high, but shuts off for 30 minutes every few hours.

My NO3 is really high right now(around 20) and I’m trying to bring it down and maintain with biopellets ( online for a few month) and even trying some NOPOX now since the pellets aren’t cutting it. Corals are doing fine with the NO3, but I hate the dirty glass and sandbed.

My PO4 got so high a few months ago that everything browned and even lost a couple frags. I’ve been using phosphate remover and have it down to .03.

This huge eel eating six big shrimp per week surely isn’t helping nutrient control.

So, no idea on the PE, but hope that helps.