SkullV's Aquarium Adventures

SkullV

There's probably an easier way to write this code, but I'm still pretty new to the apex coding thing. Gyre Icecap Module coding:

Fallback OFF
If Time 08:00 to 08:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 08:45 to 09:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 09:00 to 09:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 09:45 to 10:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 10:00 to 10:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 10:45 to 11:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 11:00 to 11:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 11:45 to 12:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 12:00 to 12:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 12:45 to 13:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 13:00 to 13:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 13:45 to 14:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 14:00 to 14:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 14:45 to 15:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 15:00 to 15:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 15:45 to 16:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 16:00 to 16:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 16:45 to 17:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 17:00 to 17:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 17:45 to 18:00 Then G_HardPulse
If Time 18:00 to 18:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 18:45 to 19:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 19:00 to 19:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 19:45 to 20:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 20:00 to 20:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 20:45 to 21:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 21:00 to 21:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 21:45 to 22:00 Then G_HardPulse
If Time 22:00 to 22:45 Then G_Constant
If Time 22:45 to 23:00 Then G_Pulse
If Time 23:00 to 00:00 Then G_Constant
If Time 00:00 to 08:00 Then G_Night
If Outlet Return = OFF Then G_Feed

Had some free time last night with the girlfriend at the Gym too, so did a water change and took some top down shots while I was at it:

WWC SOTR Milli:

ORA Marshall Islands Fuzzy Acro:

ORA Borealis:

ORA Red Planet:

ORA Joe The Coral:

TCK Pikachu (Turned almost all the way green, now turning yellow again, weird coral, give me the damn red polyps!):

Tyree Pink Lemonade:

WTF Tierra Del Fuego:

WCR Rainbow:

DFS Real Deal Echinata:

WCR Green Milli:

ReefGen Ghost Orchid:

WCR French B****:

No Name Milli:

No Name Monti (I have SUPER high hopes for this one):

Last edited:

SkullV

Polyp extension is awesome! :megaman:

Can't get a good read on the color, but the no name monti looks a lot like Pink Caddillac http://www.reeffarmers.com/auctionedpinkcadillac.htm
The pics out there on this coral vary quite a bit....

If my partial color blindness is causing me to see pink instead of orange (sigh), there is also the Orenji Danae.
Hm, that second one is definitely closer. This one is a bit different though, it has a mix of orange and white polyps (around the sides). Unfortunately when I first got it, I almost killed it. I saw a hitchhiker I didn't know on it and dipped it for 30 min in CoralRx and 30 seconds in straight RODI. I thought it was for sure dead but in under a month it has come back around to the pic I posted.

SkullV

Went ahead and added one of my MP10wES today to deal with the dead spot left right below the Gyre. It is only on around 30% in Nutrient Transport Mode and seems to be doing a great job (quick shot, crappy photo).

SkullV

Well, tried switching out one of my T5 bulbs today to get a little less blue since after next week I'll have little to no LPS in the tank. Unfortunately I can't tell the difference, other than the fact that the tank does look a little bit dimmer. Will have to see how the coral responds. Can you guys tell a difference in color at all?

First photo:

Back
----------
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Coral Plus
16 CREE XT-E Royal Blue/2 CREE XP-G2 Cool White
Giesemann D-D Actinic Plus
ATI Blue Plus
----------
Front​

Second photo:

Back
----------
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Coral Plus
16 CREE XT-E Royal Blue/2 CREE XP-G2 Cool White
ATI Coral Plus
Giesemann D-D Actinic Plus
----------
Front​

Spartanman22

I'd have to agree. Don't notice much of a color difference but photo looks slightly dimmer. Regardless the tank still looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkullV

Another little care package showed up at my doorstep this morning from Chicago. Huge thank you to [MENTION=84]ColaAddict[/MENTION] for the awesome pack! These guys have a little coloring up to do after shipping, but I wanted to get a baseline photo for growth. Between these and the two TCK pieces coming Saturday the tank is ACTUALLY full (which is really depressing!). Ideally I'm going to move the GSP somewhere and do a little SPS island with a couple A. carduus pieces in the future

Rommels Watermelon
Tyree Lime in The Sky - Wet Thumbs Frags Mother of Pearl
UWW Rainbow Sunburst
ATL Cherry Bomb - Tyree Blue Matrix​

Picked up a Starburst Cap since the plain jane red cap I had was boring

Pretty happy with how my GOW Acro is coloring up. It was very upset with me after moving it several times and breaking off several tips each of those times. Finally settled back in!

The WCR Rainbow is starting to get back to how my old one was. Can't wait to get it fully colored up under the hybrid fixture. I have some more LED stuff arriving Saturday to add a little more PAR and color options.

Spent a little time today splitting up my screen top into three sections as well. This lets me remove the center section easily whenever I want without having to move the light constantly. The Tek legs are nice for holding up the light, but a pain when you want to get into the tank with a full screen!

and of course a little FTS!

Last edited:

SkullV

[MENTION=2509]rockhead[/MENTION], I think the Pink Lemonade is holding up! Definitely my favorite piece in the tank:

Here's the bulb combo NOT to use (on its own). B+, AB Special, C+, B+. Super ugly yellow tank:

But here's the reason for that. Adding a second independent channel of LEDs. Had to make some brackets and do some cutting/drilling on the Rapid heat sinks, but I'm happy with the result. Waiting on some more connecting wires to wire it all up.

Final layout (all CREE, no optics). Each channel will be controlled individually by apex.

i have a center overflow and placed both my gyre 130s in the back - one on the left and one on the right...i then placed an MP10 on the right...only reason is aesthetics as well as scraping glass...i didn't want the 2 gyres on the sides being a eyesore and making it harder to scrape glass which i'm doing every other day...and the one MP10 just provides random flow....seems to work just fine but one day i might try having a gyre on each side to see if it makes any difference. However, seeing that your sticks are smack in the middle of your tank, do you feel that they aren't getting enough flow? most of the flow, i would think, would just circle all your acros, leaving it almost dead in the middle, unless you don't have them synced and the gyres just clash against each other in the middle?

SkullV

Nope, everything is definitely getting enough flow now. It wasn't the case with only one gyre since only 50%ish of the tank was getting proper flow. Now the flow switches every 30 min and everything is great! I also have the XF150s running at 40% in a 40br so there is a LOT of water moving in the tank. Wouldn't be possible with a sand bed of anything other than tropic Eden reeflakes (or larger).

xj_matt

Premium member
I just ordered a gyer 130 for my 105 now you got me second guessing that it's not going to be enough flow for my tank, seeing I recall you got a 40 breeder right?