Spartanman22's Fluval M90

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
After nearly 3 years with this thing it has finally started to branch out. This one, for whatever reason, took forever to get comfortable, but I can’t wait to see it take off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow 3 yrs!? Crazy. What is it?

Spartanman22

It’s a TCK Pikachu. Color and PE has been good for the most part just no growth. It’s finally going though and I’m pumped!

Spartanman22

Long time since an update. Not much has changed, Tank is on cruise control and doing well. Finally visited Gingerbread Corals and picked up this maricultured piece. Hopefully it does well. Maricultured acros can be very hit or miss for me.

Funlad3

Give that one a lot of glow and pop it off the base so it can grow onto the rocks and it should do great! Awesome pickup.

Spartanman22

I’ve been quietly and slowly acquiring pieces for a Dream-esque style build. It’ll only be slightly larger than this setup but the equipment and controls will be as automated as I can possibly get - within reason. Got a notification today that MD had the Versas back in stock so I grabbed one to try as a feed pump for my CaRX setup.

Spartanman22

Wow cool. A nice alternative to the more expensive Kamoers.....and the MUCH more expensive other peristaltic pumps.
I’ve got a spare industrial grade Peri pump that was leftover from work and was going to go the Kamoer until I saw the Versa nearly a whole $100 cheaper.

Spartanman22

How is the Klir filter working for you?

I haven’t used it yet. Stockpiling it for my upgrade. My current setup is an AIO, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I gave it a serious thought on how to incorporate it.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I’ve got a spare industrial grade Peri pump that was leftover from work and was going to go the Kamoer until I saw the Versa nearly a whole $100 cheaper.

My CaLRx isn’t currently pissing me off, but when it does (and it will), I’m upgrading and going with one of these! Thanks for the heAds up.

Spartanman22

Thought I’d share one of the reasons why I love technology in the reef tank, and why my planned upgrade is being designed with nearly full automation and control.

Was sitting at my desk just now and thought I’d check in on the tank. Quickly noticed that my filefish was stuck to the side of one of my MP10s. He’s not the greatest swimmer and this happens time to time if he’s not careful. Was quickly able to shutoff the pump he was stuck to, switch back to the camera, and watch him swim off as if nothing happened.

There’s obviously concerns of failure with excessive controls and automation, but I for one love the peace of mind and accessibility.