Spartanman22's Fluval M90

Mjl714

Thought I’d share one of the reasons why I love technology in the reef tank, and why my planned upgrade is being designed with nearly full automation and control.

Was sitting at my desk just now and thought I’d check in on the tank. Quickly noticed that my filefish was stuck to the side of one of my MP10s. He’s not the greatest swimmer and this happens time to time if he’s not careful. Was quickly able to shutoff the pump he was stuck to, switch back to the camera, and watch him swim off as if nothing happened.

There’s obviously concerns of failure with excessive controls and automation, but I for one love the peace of mind and accessibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m with you on automation, while on vacation and dosing kalk through my ato, I remotely turn off the ato for few hours (allowing kalk to settle), after the neighbor refills my ato. Awesome. On the other hand, if my Apex jr disconnects from the internet, it does not generally reconnect without a manual power down and back on. PIA. Going to try a eufy smart plug.

ultimatemj

I’m with you on automation, while on vacation and dosing kalk through my ato, I remotely turn off the ato for few hours (allowing kalk to settle), after the neighbor refills my ato. Awesome. On the other hand, if my Apex jr disconnects from the internet, it does not generally reconnect without a manual power down and back on. PIA. Going to try a eufy smart plug.
2 things for Mjl714 - a cheap computer UPS will keep your router on when the power goes off, and when the Apex regains power the Fusion will reconnect. And check out the Avast Barrel Tender...I haven't had to refill my ATO in years! Used to be a stress point when I would travel for work, as it only holds 3days of evap. Cheers!

Spartanman22

Just got this in the mail yesterday. First impressions - right in line with Ecotech product’s reputation of quality. This thing is solid, very well designed, feels very sturdy and solid. To the point that the $150 price point seems like a steal. Anxious to actually test this thing out.

rockhead

Just got this in the mail yesterday. First impressions - right in line with Ecotech product’s reputation of quality. This thing is solid, very well designed, feels very sturdy and solid. To the point that the $150 price point seems like a steal. Anxious to actually test this thing out.

Your going to love this , I’m looking at getting 2 more.

Spartanman22

Afterparty is one of the nicest acros out there; great pickup
I was going for the Pink Floyd but they were going so fast. My understanding is that they are basically the same thing. Unfortunately the After Sparty is a little pricier. Oh well it wasn’t too much more.

Spartanman22

Today was the first day I saw my leopard go after frozen brine after he tried one he began devouring it. Also, got this guy into the display. Still a little shy but already picking at the rock.

Realized today how much of a porker my royal gramma is. He’s got quite the belly on him.

And wrap it up with an updated FTS