Spartanman22's Fluval M90

anarchy

Congrats on the house. Feel your pain on the bubble algae

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Congrats on the new house buddy :)

is that a lot of cloves in the office tank ?
It’s just a ton of Xenia. The office tank is just a bunch of softies. Super low maintenance. All I do is a water change every 1-2 weeks. No dosing, no filtration, nothin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Once things really settle down I’ll need to source a new round of the “high end” sps. I’ve already got the must have list going

Spartanman22

WD is finally starting to color up. It’s grown well but all the instability has impacted color.

I’ve had this piece for 5 years. It’s been a slow grower and has taken a ton of abuse, but I love it! It’s browned out quite a bit but has bright blue polyps and at its best will have a nice sky blue coloring.

Another one needing some coloring up.

Maybe this weekend I’ll actually get out the Nikon.

Spartanman22

When I moved in November I made the mistake of leaving my rodi unit in the garage. Well it frozen and shattered. So tomorrow I should be getting the last few parts to repair it. Hoping to have my water system up and running tomorrow!

I’ve had unpleasant experiences with Apex, particularly with Fusion. Every time I move it’s a nightmare getting fusion setup. Last time I basically had to factory reset the unit and start from scratch. So, I’m hoping I can sit down and get Fusion and my GHL doser running this weekend. Being able to adjust your dosages from your phone is so convenient.

SPS have really started to improve color-wise this past week. Need to get the Nikon out and take some decent photos. My WD has taken off despite all the moves and inconsistencies, and it is finally starting to color up a bit.

Spartanman22

Going to war against the apstasia, bubble algae and ugly sand. Spent 45 minutes with some tweezers yesterday. Despite the rock looking like poop the SPS are really starting to color up.

Trying to get back to a daily sand sifting to keep it clean and picked up 10 more lbs to even out some shallow spots.

Just picked up two more MP10’s as well. Really going to start cranking some flow! I’m also going to upgrade the return pump. Unfortunately there aren’t a whole lot of options for AIO/nano DC return pumps. Most are too big, but Jebao’s DCW 2000 seems like it’ll do the trick. The problem with the Fluval M90 is that all of the baffles in the rear filtration section are designed so that flow flows over. There is no over under scheme. So, with my InTank media basket it slows down the flow through the filtration so much that a film develops on the top. That’s without any filter floss too, just the basket. I think if that first filtration section was an “under” baffle I wouldn’t have that issue. So I’m hoping by beefing up the return pump I can just pull more through the filtration compartment.

Spartanman22

I lost all my “high end” acros during the downsizing from my 80. Unfortunately I lost an RMF Diablo, Ultimates Miyagi, few RR pieces, PC Rainbow colony, few ORA’s and several ASD pieces. So now that things are doing well it’s time to restock with a few choice pieces.

tinman

I lost all my “high end” acros during the downsizing from my 80. Unfortunately I lost an RMF Diablo, Ultimates Miyagi, few RR pieces, PC Rainbow colony, few ORA’s and several ASD pieces. So now that things are doing well it’s time to restock with a few choice pieces.

Hey buddy .. i know how it feels like to loose corals in this hobby ...
when ever you are ready come get frags of RMF Diablo milli and Ultimates miyagi when ever you are ready .. :)

Spartanman22

Hey buddy .. i know how it feels like to loose corals in this hobby ...
when ever you are ready come get frags of RMF Diablo milli and Ultimates miyagi when ever you are ready .. :)
Tin you’re the best man I appreciate it. I actually posted in your FS thread calling dibs on the Vivids!

Spartanman22

So I have the opportunity to pickup a Giesemann Infinit 24” 4x24w and 250w with ballast and bulbs, in great condition for $325. It’s a phenomenal deal but not sure that it would be the best for my system. I love MH/T5 more than any other lighting but I’m concerned with over heating in this small of a tank. Plus my electrical consumption would double!

tinman

So I have the opportunity to pickup a Giesemann Infinit 24” 4x24w and 250w with ballast and bulbs, in great condition for $325. It’s a phenomenal deal but not sure that it would be the best for my system. I love MH/T5 more than any other lighting but I’m concerned with over heating in this small of a tank. Plus my electrical consumption would double!

infinity is a good call but for such a small tank heat may be an issue .. why not leds ?

Spartanman22

infinity is a good call but for such a small tank heat may be an issue .. why not leds ?
Heat is my primary concern and the Infiniti doesn’t have any fans built in. My Photon V2 is rocking right now, so no complaints. I’ve just always had best growth and color under halides but it’s hard to do in a small tank. I’m going to stick with my leds. They’re working great, adjustable (not even at 75% power) and only using like 100 watts. I get caught up in new gear sometimes and need to just pump the brakes!

Spartanman22

Just ordered a Jabeo DCS 2,000 and a Jabeo-Apex Controller Adapter from ReefBreeders. Looking forward to swapping out the return on my AIO. I wish ecotechs or Neptune made a nano DC pump for AIO’s. The available options for DC return pumps that would fit in a back filtration compartment were limited. Jabeo’s not my first choice (although I’ve had success with their pumps in the past) but it fit the bill and ReefBreeders warranties the pumps for 12 months.

Spartanman22

I’ve been using Aquaforest for my dosing recently and did some testing for the first time in several months. Calcium came in at 450, alkalinity 7.7 and magnesium 1335. Pretty pleased so far. Calcium is a little on the high side but not too bad.

Spartanman22

Took some work but finally got my tank fully connected. Apex fusion is online, GHL doser online, and the camera is running. Makes things so much easier.

I’ve also got a bunch of nice new sticks coming in between fellow hobbyists (thanks Tin and Sense of Nature) and ASD. Not sure where they will all go but where there’s a will there’s a way! Will follow up with photos once they’re all in.

Spartanman22

Placed an order with ASD today for the following:

I’ve had something similar to the first one before. Got it from AquaPros and it was one of my favorites. It just flowed neon pastel green. Pretty excited to get one back.

Spartanman22

Also got my Jabeo DCW 2000 and Jabeo-Apex controller. So hopefully I can get that setup tomorrow.