stocks!

roilciuc

Out of curiosity I'd like to know if anybody else on this site trades stocks. I have been trading for almost a year now and have had a really good success at the beginning. This summer sadly my stocks crashed on me and I lost over 80 percent of my original investment and all my profit. The company I have my money in decided to release false reports and got busted. Anyway if there are any traders on this site and would like to share what they're currently investing in or just talk about their stories and give a noob some advice please share.

steveo9043

im a noob as well but one stock I was recommended when i started was intel and it has done me pretty well I got in around the $19 mark and today it sits at 23.10. but they offer dividends and I just reinvest that into the stock. Ill be following along with this thread tho to get more tips.

roilciuc

Some of you know I do construction and one of the ladies I work for recommend that I buy Groupon. This was this summer when she told me about it and she told me about it when I was with $3. I really wish I bought a lot more right now it's over 10

Smith11

I compete against my friends on market watch, made 10.66% in 4 days, that's my record. Always end up doubling within 2-3 months. But alas it is not real money and anyone who had the balls to do what i do on that website with real money should be considered for a mental hospital ahaha

Irsug1

Premium member
How do you think I fund my addictions! I'm making 1k percent on American airlines. I bought it the day they announced bankruptcy. But I usually buy bonds of struggling companies. They are safer and high yield.

Smith11

i wouldnt buy bonds, or m funds as the commission is nuts. a diversified portfolio of big non tech company stocks is the way to go for long term earning

roilciuc

I'll be trying a new strategy now, kinda frowned upon but I'll try it. I'll put a larger capital in and day trade a strong stock after a small market correction. I'm literally aiming for 2-5% but with enough capital to make a difference. Sadly I bought Potbelly stock and its falling almost down 20% now. I'm not sure if I should pull out of that one. The potbelly is on different money for a long term investment. I was expecting potbelly to do like noodles co did this past July and hopefully like chipotle in the future. Anyone agree or disagree?

MMreef

Tesla baby, I got on when it was just under $30 few months ago, right now riding this train as long as I can, last close around 175 !!!

Irsug1

Premium member
It should, you just need to have a cusip number. I use both Schwab and tdameritrade. Remember though to add a zero to the price. ie 80 is $800. Most bonds pays between 3 to 8 percent yield as well with the potential for long term growth. All bonds are based on a par value of 100 or $1k.

In for the ride on TSLA/ tesla as well , bio techs & drug stocks is where the HUGE coin is at . Imclone from $5.00 to $97.00 bought my winter home in Summerland Keys Fl remember No risk = No reward

roilciuc

how did you get into imclone its a private stock. do you think tesla will go even higher?

Sorry Mark I have a friend at UIC who got in on tesla this summer at 30 also and his name is also mark

roilciuc

hmmmmm october 30th. I might try day trading it. First day day trading today and went well. Sadly I still have to learn how to not be greedy and take profit. I had to sell for less than I could have.

roilciuc

Also, do any of you have experience with silver? I bought 200 oz of silver a few years ago and its just fallen since then. I'm heavily debating of taking a loss and using the rest of the money to invest in something else. I figure it will go up eventually but I am wondering if I can use that money to make more money by the time silver goes up.

hmmmmm october 30th. I might try day trading it. First day day trading today and went well. Sadly I still have to learn how to not be greedy and take profit. I had to sell for less than I could have.
"Bulls make money, bears make money, and hogs get slaughtered"