stocks!

roilciuc

Pigs are high-risk investors looking for the one big score in a short period of time. Pigs buy on hot tips and invest in companies without doing their due diligence. They get impatient, greedy, and emotional about their investments, and they are drawn to high-risk securities without putting in the proper time or money to learn about these investment vehicles. Professional traders love the pigs, as it's often from their losses that the bulls and bears reap their profits.

lol sounds like im still a pig.

Pigs are high-risk investors looking for the one big score in a short period of time. Pigs buy on hot tips and invest in companies without doing their due diligence. They get impatient, greedy, and emotional about their investments, and they are drawn to high-risk securities without putting in the proper time or money to learn about these investment vehicles. Professional traders love the pigs, as it's often from their losses that the bulls and bears reap their profits.

lol sounds like im still a pig.
you are exactly right Ben and us PIGS drive Lamborghini's , million dollar race boats,15,000 sq ft cribs, and fly our V-tail bonanza to Vegas /Saphires or the Key West/ Red Garter just for a few coctails and some hot scenery ...

DB9181

Back in highschool (~10 yrs ago) we did a large scale investment project and I went with apple when it was still small... Obviously that has exploded so finally in college I invested a small amount to buy afew shares ... before Steve died it I was at 80%+ gain on my investment but it dropped - Finally sold it afew months back as I was extremely tight on $, still was over 65% gain/return - Wish I could have just held on to it ...for another 5-10yrs but gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Waaaay back in the old days my dad considered buying afew shares of intel right when it was created but decided against it - those couple shares would be millions now (over 30yrs of splitting, etc)

yogoshio

I buy my company's stock at a 15% discount and then shell it later. Last time round between the fed pumping $80 million a month and my discount I made a 40% return. I don't do large buys because I have to hold it for like 180 days before selling, but even if the price remains stagnant, I'll take a 15% return.

I'm just wondering how much longer this little bubble will last with the fed pumping $80 million a month into it.

roilciuc

Day trading isnt so bad, you can put stops in case it falls. The only problem is that if you don't have 25000 in capital you can only do 3 round trips a week

how did you get into imclone its a private stock. do you think tesla will go even higher?

Sorry Mark I have a friend at UIC who got in on tesla this summer at 30 also and his name is also mark
If your a gambler .check out SNSS & ZLCS they could both double in the next 2 months on good news .

roilciuc

Bob do you know what happened to ZLCS on the 3rd of this month? If I bought that day I would have made a quarter million. It went from $.50 to $6 in what looks like a day.

Bob do you know what happened to ZLCS on the 3rd of this month? If I bought that day I would have made a quarter million. It went from $.50 to $6 in what looks like a day.
It was just a 6 for 1 reverse stock split so unfortunately no quarter million that day
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/zalicus-announces-1-6-reverse-200100495.html
don't lose faith buy on the dips did the same with imclone at $5.00 and rode it to $97.00 and BAC was a good one too till Ofama srewed everything up

Siebo

Premium member
1 for 6 reverse stock split and considering it is a 4 now you would have lost a 1/3 of your investment.

tinman

Imclone is not a private stock ( IMCL ) I was in again in august and out in October for 200% If your a gambler and feel like holding on for a while you could see it run to $4.00 with some good results and now that the lawsuits were dismissed .check out SNSS & ZLCS they could both double in the next 2 months on good news .
if Imclone is not a private stock, how come i dont see it when i search to find it ? in Ameritrade and scotttrade accounts ?

Knuckles

What's the ticker symbol? IMCL? Can't find it googling for the ticker symbol or on my trade account either

Day trading isnt so bad, you can put stops in case it falls. The only problem is that if you don't have 25000 in capital you can only do 3 round trips a week
not a bad morning for GNVC ,and volume is nice as well

GenVec, Inc. (GNVC)
-NasdaqCM

1.7580 Up 0.1180(7.20%) 10:28AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price

Add to Portfolio.

Prev Close:

Open:

Bid:
1.75 x 600

Ask:
1.78 x 2300

1y Target Est: