Yellow tang keeps "twitching"

shift9k

We can't possibly discuss why people leave. Everyone has their reasons. I left after my cleaning lady killed my tank. Few short years later... I'm back.

On to the yellow tang and or fish health in general.

OP how's it doing?

ninjamyst

Premium member
i dosed prazipro last night. flame angel still not eating but is active. keeps swimming up and down the glass.

Whatever the reasons are, we always come back, I had to take a break because I relocated to a bigger a place, used that as an excuse to get a bigger tank but had to wait a year till I got the ok from the wife :/ lol

- - - Updated - - -

My guy is eating a bit and swimming but idk if I should dip him or just let his immune system fight the ick?

Bommie

I dipped mine for 4 min...what a difference it was like day and night. He was always hiding and only came out to eat. The day after the dip he was out and about : ). He seems normal now. If its flukes I would recommend to dip for sure.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

carpetreef75

Premium member
Whatever the reasons are, we always come back, I had to take a break because I relocated to a bigger a place, used that as an excuse to get a bigger tank but had to wait a year till I got the ok from the wife :/ lol

- - - Updated - - -

My guy is eating a bit and swimming but idk if I should dip him or just let his immune system fight the ick?
maybe they'll Exchange him for you , they must be loaded with fish in Niles someone had some time to flood Craigslist with ads
Bryan

ninjamyst

Premium member
I plan to take the flame angel back this weekend if it is still not eating after a scheduled dip on Friday

I spent 19 on a 6 inch yellow tang :/ I'm not worried about getting the money back but I got the biggest yellow they had in the store :/ and it would suck if he doesn't make it

Bommie

maybe they'll Exchange him for you , they must be loaded with fish in Niles someone had some time to flood Craigslist with ads
Bryan
People still use craigslist!? I used to use it all the time before I found CR, that was a couple yrs ago.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

For real, it's been a while we've had an ongoing thread, actually since I'm not sure if he could of had flukes as well ick, how long should I wait until o introduce another fish? I am running a uv light 24/7 since I noticed he had ick

#theMatrix

FWIW most times...i skip on the special sale cheap prices because that 20 dollar fish can be the aids to your tank. ...like the 80 dollar amazing terminal male fairy wrasse i had to get because ive nvr seen one go that low and it came with velvet last time.

If you wait two wait its cycle with out any new addtions or you could do a half volume water chance after it becomes free swim.

Not sure it made sense.

I'll do both to keep it on the safe side but how many weeks should I wait before I introduce another fish just to make a sure im free of parasites?