Yellow tang keeps "twitching"

Illinijoe

TeamCR
I'll do both to keep it on the safe side but how many weeks should I wait before I introduce another fish just to make a sure im free of parasites?
76 days fallow to be sure. get a fish and coral QT will save you lots of headache. are you sure you had ich and not velvet?

Last edited:

shift9k

This is what I was gonna say, not about the $19 dollars now.

Is it worth even notifying the store? Or would you get the whole "no you did something wrong"

Has anyone read Xzotics 5 day warranty policy? That's what they told me, if I did when I bought the fish, I checked the employe and he just handed the phone to son, I got credit ��

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone read Xzotics 5 day warranty policy? That's what they told me, if I did when I bought the fish, I checked the employe and he just handed the phone to son, I got credit ?

ninjamyst

Premium member
Has anyone read Xzotics 5 day warranty policy? That's what they told me, if I did when I bought the fish, I checked the employe and he just handed the phone to son, I got credit ��

- - - Updated - - -

been over 5 days though... did you tell them it was Ich? what was their response?

Dude who picked up the phone just answered with the "did you bring a water sample when you bought the fish" I was like no because I don't have in mind my fish will die whitin 5 days, I was just calling to let them know and if by any chance other fish are infected no to collect back my money, but harry gave me credit

shift9k

Hey at least you got the $19 back. Meaning you'll get .25 cents a day to look at an empty tank for 76 days.

Honestly its hilarious that they asked if you brought in a water sample. I'm gonna start taking samples everywhere!

ninjamyst

Premium member
Hey at least you got the $19 back. Meaning you'll get .25 cents a day to look at an empty tank for 76 days.

Honestly its hilarious that they asked if you brought in a water sample. I'm gonna start taking samples everywhere!
hahah. yea that 5 days guarantee is weird. so i am suppose to bring in a water sample every time I buy a fish from them? usually it's bring in a water sample AFTER the fish died...

but anyways, my flame angel is still alive. i asked this before but if their tank has Ich, does that guarantee my flame angel to have Ich too?

Mjl714

hahah. yea that 5 days guarantee is weird. so i am suppose to bring in a water sample every time I buy a fish from them? usually it's bring in a water sample AFTER the fish died...

but anyways, my flame angel is still alive. i asked this before but if their tank has Ich, does that guarantee my flame angel to have Ich too?
Yes, I believe it is a nearly a 100% chance. Nevertheless, a healthy well cared for specimen might be able to overcome the odds.

ninjamyst

Premium member
Yes, I believe it is a nearly a 100% chance. Nevertheless, a healthy well cared for specimen might be able to overcome the odds.
fml. i guess its not as bad as the guy that spent like $150 on a big angel or tang that day. hope he QTs....

shift9k

I was gonna buy a firefish, they were going for like $6 each.

Imagine that... paying $6 to introduce disease.

The following isn't savoury but that's like going to stick your ding-a-ling in somethin for $6.

I guess the old adage holds true. You always get what you pay for.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
I was gonna buy a firefish, they were going for like $6 each.

Imagine that... paying $6 to introduce disease.

The following isn't savoury but that's like going to stick your ding-a-ling in somethin for $6.

I guess the old adage holds true. You always get what you pay for.
After seeing all the wipe outs last summer I don't care where or who or how much I pay for a fish or coral they all going into QT and getting dipped or treated with copper and prazi.

jp_75

what i do is : couple days observation,1st round of prazi, 2 weeks cupramine ,few days observation and one more round prazi.
during this time i add vitamins to food.

Illinijoe

TeamCR
How long do you qt your fish?
based on the research i've done this is the program i've implemented though there are many ways to accomplish the same thing and everyone is going to do something different. In general 8 weeks total is what i'm doing right now. I tried TTM and Prazi but with TTM doesn't address velvet and that seems to be all over the place. I also tried obtain CP but i couldn't find a vet that would write me a prescription without seeing a sick fish. I tried to explain to the vets that if I need to order this after I show you a sick fish the fish is probably going to die. No dice.

Week 1 - Goal is to get fish eating well by the end of the week. I won't start meds until the fish is eating (if showing signs of velvet I will start copper right away at full dose). I've got selcon to boost nutrition and garlic extreme as a backup to entice fish to eat prepared foods.
Week 2 - Start copper treatment with copper safe. Slowly raise copper levels to therapeutic levels over the week. This helps with copper sensitive fish likes wrasses. If the fish show poor reaction to copper treatment I am prepared to stop.
Weeks 3-6 - 4 weeks at therapeutic copper levels. Remove copper at end of treatment.
Week 7-8 - prazi pro for flukes, observation, further food training if not eating flakes/pellets at this point

I have the following meds ready in case it is needed:
furan 2 and erythromycin for bacterial infections
ruby reef rally for post fresh water dip treatment in case of velvet

It's alot of work and some level of investment in time (changing 25% water every week since no biological filtration), money, grief from wife for having 4 tanks up right now (1 coral qt, 2 fish qt 1 display) but for me i want to protect the display tank inhabitants as well as feeling responsible for the health of animals under my care.

hope this helps good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Last edited:

madjoe

Premium member
based on the research i've done this is the program i've implemented though there are many ways to accomplish the same thing and everyone is going to do something different. In general 8 weeks total is what i'm doing right now. I tried TTM and Prazi but with TTM doesn't address velvet and that seems to be all over the place. I also tried obtain CP but i couldn't find a vet that would write me a prescription without seeing a sick fish. I tried to explain to the vets that if I need to order this after I show you a sick fish the fish is probably going to die. No dice.

Week 1 - Goal is to get fish eating well by the end of the week. I won't start meds until the fish is eating (if showing signs of velvet I will start copper right away at full dose). I've got selcon to boost nutrition and garlic extreme as a backup to entice fish to eat prepared foods.
Week 2 - Start copper treatment with copper safe. Slowly raise copper levels to therapeutic levels over the week. This helps with copper sensitive fish likes wrasses. If the fish show poor reaction to copper treatment I am prepared to stop.
Weeks 3-6 - 4 weeks at therapeutic copper levels. Remove copper at end of treatment.
Week 7-8 - prazi pro for flukes, observation, further food training if not eating flakes/pellets at this point

I have the following meds ready in case it is needed:
furan 2 and erythromycin for bacterial infections
ruby reef rally for post fresh water dip treatment in case of velvet

It's alot of work and some level of investment in time (changing 25% water every week since no biological filtration), money, grief from wife for having 4 tanks up right now (1 coral qt, 2 fish qt 1 display) but for me i want to protect the display tank inhabitants as well as feeling responsible for the health of animals under my care.

hope this helps good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Dam that's dedication.