120 Rimless build

madjoe

Premium member
Yellow corris i found useless to he might help but i doubt it they get so use to feedings they stop hunting lazy bastards

lunacris

I dealt with these guys for a while . I dipped every couple days , tried bayer it killed them but not the eggs , i used rps i think it also killed them but also apeared not to kill the eggs . I manually brushed the bottoms of them with a tooth brush and dipped . Set up a qt for just the monti and they were still there. My thought is that even tho most of eggs were on bottom of monti some may have been on rocks . I bought few wrasse tamrin , yellow coris , 2 leopards , checker board and all semed to pick but still did not wipe them out . At end of the day the money spent on dips , and salt it prob would have been easier and just as cost effective to toss em and start over . Lost my collection of atleast 25 differnt monti . With the wrasse constantly picking in the tank some lived but did not grow like they should have . I wish you luck prob the worst reefing pest ive dealt with

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Thanks for the info. From what I have been reading seems like a really hard one to get rid of. So far Ive dipped twice. The second time nothing come off in the dip, but I am sure there are eggs. I just cant spot them. I just want to keep my strawberry patch monti if anything. Fingers crossed.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Looks like I've learned a small lesson. Or big. I'm pretty sure I killed most of my acros.I dosed alk one day but .8 at once. From 7.1 to 7.9. I thought it would be fine. But nope. The next day the tips of most acros are white. As days go on they look worse and worse. Also the stupid nudis destroyed my montis. So upset with this tank right now. Sucks really bad. Sps is kicking my ass. I trimmed the dead tipped on all the rest today but we'll see what happens. Blahh

This stag started with Just a couple tips white 5 days later this.

Miyagi tort was doing so good and encrusting and bam

jrpark22000

Premium member
Have you ever kept that high of an ALK number before? Or did you just dip low and brought it up to normal too fast?

madjoe

Premium member
Just curious to see if you had suffered similar to what I've seen twice. If my alk ever gets above 8- 8.5 sps RTNs very fast. Done it twice now.
Really mines usually around 9ish use to keep at 10. Honestly ive been super lucky ive dripped to as low as 5 and got as high as 16 without loseing anything besides color think my corals got use to the abuse

xj_matt

Premium member
I just went from 9.5dkh to 11.5 over night and now I am hovering around 9.7 ish Everton in my tank is doing well even with the swing

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Hmm. Yeah Matt that is a lot more then me. I wouldn't think raising just .8 would do it. But haven't change a single thing. The day after dosing it started so I don't know what else it could of been. Maybe because of the pellets?

xj_matt

Premium member
Hmm. Yeah Matt that is a lot more then me. I wouldn't think raising just .8 would do it. But haven't change a single thing. The day after dosing it started so I don't know what else it could of been. Maybe because of the pellets?
The inky reason I did what I did was because I had just set up my dosers and messed it up a little lol but all good in the hood now hope you get you tank bask in track

madjoe

Premium member
What test kit u using maybe u higher then u think usually u dose then have to wait few hrs before u can even test and get acurate readings

rockhead

My happy spot is 8.3-8.5 and corals seem to be dong well, if you need help with restocking I could 2 help out with a few pieces

Tom

madjoe

Premium member
Wait u running biopellets ? If so that alk to high suposse to be like 7.5 or seven i belive when using bio pellets

sk8elenex92

Premium member
I waited hour and half then tested. I compared it to buddies Hanna couple weeks ago and the test matched very closely.Bummer.
but I just noticed my yellow wrasse came out! Haven't seen that sucker since Wednesday.