120 Rimless build

MMreef

Finally got my T5s hung. Tank looks so much crisper. Ha. If that makes sense. My Zoas are glowing. The bowsers look better then ever. Hopefully my sps adjust to it and start coloring up.
Currently have the lights hung 13 inches from water. Probably going to lower a bit once a week. So far I'm loving it. Very happy with the switch.

Looks very sharp, I love it !

xj_matt

Premium member
Mine is a 8 bulb that's the only reason I added it is like the colored of my tank just need to get it cleared up after reading all the salt today and live rock

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Also got an orange back wrasse that is a beauty. It ate the first day stayed out for a bit and now the stupid yellow eye kole won't let him out its hole, like at all. Sucks. Stupid ass tang. It just watches the hole and waits for him to come out. Wish I could catch him. Not sure what I should do just let them fight it out and hopefully they start to ignore each other

Matt prob good choice since you got the 8 bulb fixture.

anarchy

Also got an orange back wrasse that is a beauty. It ate the first day stayed out for a bit and now the stupid yellow eye kole won't let him out its hole, like at all. Sucks. Stupid ass tang. It just watches the hole and waits for him to come out. Wish I could catch him. Not sure what I should do just let them fight it out and hopefully they start to ignore each other

Matt prob good choice since you got the 8 bulb fixture.

Beautiful fish.

My kole is an a hole aldo. Normally fights with new fish for a couple hours then they become friends

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Today did some work on the tank. Took out my kalk doser today. Decided to just. Dose 2 part. Have my fancy calcium container made today. Free and works just fine. Also hooked up my old tlf factor and running little bit of rhowphos. Tested phos. And came out to .06. So hopefully take it down a bit.

Got a nice Frag from reef wise. Not sure what it is but some acro. Greenish with really blue tips

Last edited:

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Thanks Brad, The tank is finally getting where I want it. Little more time will tell. Everything is looking really good. Except your birdsnest lol. Not sure if it was getting hit with to much flow and the skin looked like it started peeling off one day. My Acros finally look great, hopefully they hold their color. To soon to tell though. Next thing I want to do is get a par meter under the light. Just waiting for the cops to knock on my door to see my grow room lol, damn house is glowing with the T5's :smokin1:

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Yea that sucker was skinnier then me LOL.. Yea he died though. Sad day for the wife. The fish was eating the whole time acting normal and then at night he was laying on its side breathing really hard. I'm going to get another one and give it another chance. Hope to find a healthy eating one..

madjoe

Premium member
Yea that sucker was skinnier then me LOL.. Yea he died though. Sad day for the wife. The fish was eating the whole time acting normal and then at night he was laying on its side breathing really hard. I'm going to get another one and give it another chance. Hope to find a healthy eating one..
Dam sorry man looked like internals to me thats the nature with wrasses

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Some PAR readings on my ATI 6 bulb fixture... 4 B+ 1P+ 1C+.. 9 inches from water line.. The sand bed in the middle of the tank is getting blasted with light... I think I may lower it one more inch though.

sk8elenex92

Premium member
The bulbs are maybe a month old now.. You think I should move the fixture down a bit?? What would you expect the readings to be around?

Matt you can rent the Chicago Reefs Par meter for free..