Anarchy's 180

anarchy

Oh and just found my Lubbock fairy wrasse.

Dried up behind the stand. Damnit

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

anarchy

I'll start with some pictures of an amazing present I was just given by a close family friend so if you dont want to read the back story don't read past the pictures.

Backstory
My wife and her parents have been coming up to Chasell Michigan in the UP for the past 9 years and has stayed in the same cabin. They've become very good friends with the family who owned the bait shop/taxidermy. This year he closed down the bait shop and he just makes crafts to sell. So when we went to see him he showed us the new shop and showed me some awesome (but expensive) saltwater shadow boxes hes been building (going to try to get some pics before we leave in the morning). So tonight is our last night here and we always cook all of the remaining food and we invited him and his daughters over tonight to help us eat everything. So he suprised me with the gift pictured above. Probably the best fish related gift ive gotten from someone other than like my wife.

Guess I shouldve added that he hand made this. He painted the fish and everything and created this from scratch

Last edited:

98silverado

They are worth it. I would even be happy with one like you have to be honest

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

anarchy

They are worth it. I would even be happy with one like you have to be honest

Well i only go up once a year but his daughters may come visit us. Think im going to have him make me one with the fish and stuff that I want

98silverado

Well i only go up once a year but his daughters may come visit us. Think im going to have him make me one with the fish and stuff that I want

Yeah it looks awesome.

anarchy

Well now that our basement is being remodeled I have to hurry the 180 so we can move the Current setup out of the way.

1) I need to move the tank off the stand
2) clean the last of the sand out of the tank and put it in the basement
3) paint the plywood top of the stand and move the top forward
4) put the side of the stand on and move it to the basement
5) put tank back on stand and plumb it
6) drink beer and eat pizza while it fills

anarchy

State Farm just came to check out the basement and see what they would pay for. They are going to pay me for moving my old tanks! How awesome is that. Basically getting paid to upgrade. On top of that they are basically going to remodel the whole basement. Meaning all the old ugly wood panelling walls will be redone with drywall! I'm excited for the new basement. I hated that wood panelling with a passion

anarchy

Since the basement is causing me to rush this build im basically going to just transfer everything into the 180 and use all the old rock and water and just add the amount of new it takes to finish filling. Then once the basement is done my fish room should also be done. Meaning my frag tank will be setup and ready for coral. Thats when I'll move all the coral to the frag tank and shut the 180 down and do it the way I want. That may not sound like the best option but I don't have much of a choice.

Finished the stand and put 1 coat on the bottom of the tank

anarchy

Got the tank in yesterday and started plumbing and aquascaping today

Rcunning8

Premium member
Nice! What are u gonna do for lights? Also thought you were using all old cycled rock from previous build? New plans now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anarchy

Nice! What are u gonna do for lights? Also thought you were using all old cycled rock from previous build? New plans now?

For now it's going to be 2 250 halides and 1 400w because that's what I have. I'll be on the lookout for another 250w though. The original plan was the dry rock that I've stockpiled along with the current rock in my 30/93 would get acid washed and I'd start with clean dead rock. Because of having to do this so quickly im just throwing everything into the tank until the remodel is done then ill redo it like I want

Rcunning8

Premium member
Nice! So u are gonna cycle all that extra dry rock in with your old rock while corals are in there as well?