Ascender

Frag #14

System Specs:
Tank: 75 gallon Shallow Reef (16" tall) 60" x 18 x 16 Clarity Plus
Lighting: 2 Apollo - 6 LED light units 460nm , 10k
Dosing:- 2-Part Alk/Calc/Magnesium Alk 9.1 calcium 440 Mg 1360
Stability: salinity 1.025 78 Temp
Flow: 2 Jebao RW 8's with JBWave Jebao Wavemaker/Controller
Filtration: - LR, Trigger Emerald 34 Sump, Skimz SN143 Skimmer, 2 filter socks replaced every other day, Bio Pellets, GFO, and Carbon,
JBJ 1/10 hp Artica Chiller
Mag 9.5 return pump, Jebao DCT800 Pump drives reactors
Feeding - Heavy feeder half sheet Norri, PE Mysis, Rods Food, Coral Frenzy
View attachment 15292View attachment 15293

Joe5688

I get to see my frag today! haha, I'm going to make this a sticky so it'll always be up at the top of the page.

jrpark22000

Premium member
well, AI sols did their magic :suicide: The side with the most light has some bleaching. Good luck with this guy winning a short contest.

Joe5688

Just an update since i'm finally home and could place my coral on my rock lol (and update params since i test now)
Also added a RW-4 to my tank for additional flow over my sps since some of my stuff was blocking everything

sg: 1.026
Alk: 8.62 or 154ppm
Calc: 460
Mag: 1290

jrpark22000

Premium member
well, AI sols did their magic :suicide: The side with the most light has some bleaching. Good luck with this guy winning a short contest.
Color and PE are coming back!

[MENTION=1483]IHaveCrabs[/MENTION] when is the next check in? Do we have a result on how long it'll run?

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Color and PE are coming back!

[MENTION=1483]IHaveCrabs[/MENTION] when is the next check in? Do we have a result on how long it'll run?
Updated the main page. It looks as if 6 months won so we'll have a final check-in date of July 30th with monthly (optional) check-ins the last Saturday of each month.

Can't wait to see the progressions

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Frag #10

System Specs:
Tank - 60 gallon Shallow Reef (12" tall)
Lighting - 6x54" Tek T5HO (front to back, Blue+, Actinic, Purple+, Blue+, Actinic, Blue+)
Dosing - AcroPower daily while lights are on, 2-Part Alk/Calc while main light is off (Alk 7.96-8.26 and calcium 400-410)
Stability - ATO and Temp maintained by an Apex. Run at 1.026 and 78 degrees.
Flow - 2x MP40 and 1xMP10
Filtration - LR, Skimmer, and filter sock replaced weekly or sooner if required
Feeding - I'm a generous feeder to my fish. Probably the equivalent of 1 cube a day but split in half and fed twice daily. I also sometimes feed corals after lights out.

I also keep alternate light schedules with my frag tank to limit pH swings.

11/16" tall

11/16" wide
Changes
1. Removed my 18 gallon frag tank and added a 120 gallon tank (Alternate light schedule still going)
2. Alkalinity has dropped to the high 7s and almost impossible to raise. No change in calc or mg.

Frag changes
1. No new height or width
2. Frag is starting to encrust the plug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bretts05jeep

Frag #1 (Honeycomb)

System Specs:
Tank - 210 peninsula
Lighting - Aquactinics Constellation T5 fixture (14x39wt ATI bulbs)
Dosing - BRS 2 part via apex (Alk 7.8 and calcium 460 last test)
Stability - ATO (tunze osmolator) and Temp maintained by an Apex. Run at 1.026 and 79.5 degrees.
Flow - 2x Jebao RW-15 & 1x tunze 6105
Filtration - Refugium ( about 30 gal), skimmer ( reef octopus SRO 2000), only use filter socks for a couple days after doing a water change
Feeding - pinch of flakes daily, half frozen cube once or twice a week, dried sea weed 2 to 3 times per week. ( I would say I feed on the medium to light side)

Tank was started with dry rock and filled august 2015.

Update feb 28
Moved it to the highest point possible in the tank. There is no real change in the coral.

updated

Joe5688

Frag #12

System Specs:
Tank - 75 gallon
Lighting - 2x Mai-China LEDS with custom spectrum
Dosing - BRS 2-part and vinegar
Stability - APEX eRRYthang, 1.026 and 79.5* temp
Flow - 1-mp40, 1-mp10
Filtration - Skimmer, fuge, LR
Feeding - NLS Pellets 3x a day, Mysis/reef chilli every few days

View attachment 15363
Late Feb Check-in

No growth, starting to encrust but deff colored up a lot.

rockhead

Honeycomb, not much growth probably the slowest grower I have it's alive and happy. BC Adam says it is a very slow grower so I guess it was a bad idea to have this for a grow out contest

Smitty

Premium member
Here's a quick pic of mine. It's coloring up nicely and starting to encrust.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Sorry guys! I missed sending out a notification for last weeks check-in since I was in Cancun so let's do it tomorrow.