BC Growout - Update Thread

jrpark22000

Premium member
With that, it looks like we have almost everyone checking in. the last few people havn't logged on in a while, so we may not hear back from them before the poll goes up. Either way, check in is the 30th for your last photo(s)

I'll start a new poll thread and link it here for you all to post them to. Here's a reminder from post#1 on the final vote and picture rules.
4) The winner will be picked in a separate thread, a vote by the whole community on Growth and Color (Only white balance adjustments made on the camera and filter over camera phone lense allowed. No changes made in any computer software are Allowed.) Submitting you best Side and Top Down shots, if possible.

1) [MENTION=3185]Sparky312[/MENTION] - yes
5) [MENTION=21]Smitty[/MENTION] - yes
10) [MENTION=1483]IHaveCrabs[/MENTION] - yes
11) [MENTION=1277]jrpark22000[/MENTION] - yes
12) [MENTION=1240]Joe5688[/MENTION] - yes
14) [MENTION=3037]Ascender[/MENTION] - yes
15) - [MENTION=558]jmurray551[/MENTION] - yes
5) [MENTION=2509]rockhead[/MENTION] - yes

IHaveCrabs

Premium member

Sorry, haven't had much time to get these up and get the new thread started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Very nice. This is a very sexy piece when it's a youngster. When it's a full colony, just a red acro, but still pretty nice.

jrpark22000

Premium member
My calendar appointment popped up for a 6 month update.

Anybody else still have their's growing?
[MENTION=1483]IHaveCrabs[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3185]Sparky312[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21]Smitty[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1240]Joe5688[/MENTION]

Feb of last year.
View attachment 15247

Aug of last year.

View attachment 17899

View attachment 20430

as of this morning. first two camera phone pics are washed out, but the top down dslr shots are raw and pretty close to true colors.
View attachment 20403

View attachment 20404

View attachment 20405

View attachment 20406

View attachment 20407

View attachment 20408

Joe5688

Dammit! A while back my urchin grabbed a frag that I thought was awesome colors and when I went to get it off of him it fell into my rock work just realized now this was that frag

jrpark22000

Premium member
Dammit! A while back my urchin grabbed a frag that I thought was awesome colors and when I went to get it off of him it fell into my rock work just realized now this was that frag
That's the pits Joe. I never have trusted anything which can reloacte corals and rocks for me.

A year later and it looks like there's at most only a couple frags left out fo the group.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Looking forward to the next grow out maybe zoas this time
Might be worth starting a thread to guage interest. Get a growout going before summer gets here when people are outside enjoying the weather. I'm out for zoas, after paly poisioning, the damm things are all but gone from my tank.