BC Growout - Update Thread

IHaveCrabs

Premium member

Mine 6 hours after being nuked with Bayer Advanced. Looking pretty happy and has fully encrusted on the plug since the last update.

Can't place him on the rock work until after I'm done dipping for AEFW in 8 weeks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockhead

I'll get some pics up tomorrow I've been in Florida for the last week. But before I left it has been looking very happy and seeing some good colors.

rockhead

Here is mine may not look like it has done much but it's showing some good color and it's looking better then it ever has , only changes are I'm dosing nitrate, everything else is the same.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member

Mine 6 hours after being nuked with Bayer Advanced. Looking pretty happy and has fully encrusted on the plug since the last update.

Can't place him on the rock work until after I'm done dipping for AEFW in 8 weeks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7/16" Wide X 1" Tall including the encrusted frag plug. This is after week 4 of the bayer dip and still looking healthy!

Pictures taken under 1x True actinic and 1x E5 Blue Pop with orange filter - iPhone 6

View attachment 16624
View attachment 16625

Last edited:

Sparky312

Moved it to the sandbed to hopefully maximize colors and it is working good, the colors went bananas this month. Rim is blue, body green, yellowish, and orange, and the corallites are red. Too bad I can't capture it all with my iPhone pic

I poked the coral to make its polyps retract for this picture so hopefully the color comes out a little better

View attachment 16635

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Moved it to the sandbed to hopefully maximize colors and it is working good, the colors went bananas this month. Rim is blue, body green, yellowish, and orange, and the corallites are red. Too bad I can't capture it all with my iPhone pic

I poked the coral to make its polyps retract for this picture so hopefully the color comes out a little better

View attachment 16635
Awesome colors and growth! What PAR is it at in the sandbed?