BC Growout - Update Thread

jrpark22000

Premium member
So I added more spectrum to my leds last month, this is one of the corals who has showed noticable change since doing so. The colors have shifted from simply green to include everything you see. No PS, just raw images from the canon and galaxy phone. Since adding the spectrum the base has errupted with all kinds of stickers that will soon be new branches.

View attachment 17493

View attachment 17494

View attachment 17495

jrpark22000

Premium member
So, what spectrum did you add? ?
It's much easier to show in the graph.The intensity of each peak is accurate. I turned back the blues (shorter peak) a little when adding the other spectrums. I'll go into a lot more depth when it's time to do the review and rightups.

View attachment 17498

The green line is the spectrum of the AI Sols at the settings I've been using them for years.
The red line is my new spectrum, from left to right the new spikes are;
Violet
Cyan (Green)
Red
Red

Here's a better pic of what color each spike is

View attachment 17499

Smitty

Premium member
Ok, cool. Thanks for that diagram, it does help. So I'm thinking maybe i should incorporate more green and red spectrum into my light fixture. I turned my green and red all the way down to 3% I believe.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Ok, cool. Thanks for that diagram, it does help. So I'm thinking maybe i should incorporate more green and red spectrum into my light fixture. I turned my green and red all the way down to 3% I believe.
yeah it may not hurt. I'm adding a little spectrum evenly across the visable band every couple weeks.

jrpark22000

Premium member
3) We will post a separate thread that includes a poll for how long the grow out competition should go for. 6 months - July 30th

Group 1 - PC Rainbow
1) [MENTION=3185]Sparky312[/MENTION] - yes
3) [MENTION=3434]expo703[/MENTION]
5) [MENTION=21]Smitty[/MENTION] - yes
6) [MENTION=158]BradB[/MENTION] - no
7) [MENTION=833]superchargedgp[/MENTION] - no
8) [MENTION=3414]xj_matt[/MENTION] - no
9) [MENTION=2981]98silverado[/MENTION] - no
10) [MENTION=1483]IHaveCrabs[/MENTION] - yes
11) [MENTION=1277]jrpark22000[/MENTION] - yes
12) [MENTION=1240]Joe5688[/MENTION] - yes
13) [MENTION=2998]dgagvgeg[/MENTION]
14) - [MENTION=3037]Ascender[/MENTION] - yes
15) - [MENTION=558]jmurray551[/MENTION] - yes

Group2 - BC HoneyComb
1) [MENTION=2317]bretts05jeep[/MENTION]
5) [MENTION=2509]rockhead[/MENTION] - yes

About a week to go, can we get a count of who still has the frag? If you can reply to the thread I'll update this post.

98silverado

I no longer have it. Lost it when my tank crashed about a month after getting it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Still have mine. Encrusted the rock it is on but not much vertical growth. We'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockhead

I'm in, this was last months pic I forgot to post I'll put up a new one today when lights come on.

Ascender

I still have my frag, seems to have started new branches more than vertical growth. My lights have had issues and been repaired twice since this started (lost the Actinic's twice). My Work has been crazy long weeks 70 hour weeks past 2 months. My frag is alive and polyps are out , howsoever the frag took on colors darker than others shown , darker greens and reds. I will try to capture a picture tonight. Missed a water change or two since this started and not been able to change the filter socks as frequent as I normally do do to working 8:30 Am till 2am on work project as lost 2 team members of 5 on the team (on top of 24 x 7 support including weekends) The huge project at work that is taking up all my time is completing on 7/30 so back to normal maintenance routines then.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
I still have my frag, seems to have started new branches more than vertical growth. My lights have had issues and been repaired twice since this started (lost the Actinic's twice). My Work has been crazy long weeks 70 hour weeks past 2 months. My frag is alive and polyps are out , howsoever the frag took on colors darker than others shown , darker greens and reds. I will try to capture a picture tonight. Missed a water change or two since this started and not been able to change the filter socks as frequent as I normally do do to working 8:30 Am till 2am on work project as lost 2 team members of 5 on the team (on top of 24 x 7 support including weekends) The huge project at work that is taking up all my time is completing on 7/30 so back to normal maintenance routines then.
Sounds like we may work at the same company haha. My team is 24x7 too so I understand the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk