Bomb Diggity Paly Grow-Out Contest

GBeck87

Cant wait for this to start! Thanks for putting thiscall together dan.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

DB9181

Colony has been opened since arrival :) Fragging will begin in the next day or so - We still have AT LEAST ONE SPOT open, possibly acouple extra once I get an exact polyp count.

If you'd like to fill that remaining spot, PM me :)

DB9181

View attachment 15923
True Neutron Bomb Colony - Taken w/ crappy iPhone camera

Colony was fragged up lastnight and polyps are currently healing - some are slightly bigger than others, but that doesn't always mean 'bigger is better' (unless you're talkin' to the ladies) - Its all about # of full, even tiny, polyps after 3 months.

There looks like there will be 1-3 extra polyps if anyone wants to still join. However, I'd like to give them afew days to heal up before officially adding more people. If your interested, shoot me a PM.

tkh

So pretty!! Can't wait to get this one started! As I've mentioned previously, if anyone needs ferrying up to the northern suburbs, let me know :)

DB9181

So Dan, I can come pickup a polyp for each of the new grow-out contests next Monday right?
Jon, Yes I arranged both grow outs to start at the same time that way people could be in both of them and not have to do two picks up (saves me the headache too). Picks will begin next week.

Bombs have been fragged! -It was a really tight colony (23-25p in the pic above) but they were all open and healing nicely the next day.
View attachment 15958

PICK-UPS WILL BEGIN MONDAY!

IT WILL BE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. YOU CAN HAVE SOMEONE ELSE PICK UP YOUR FRAG FOR YOU, BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW AHEAD OF TIME - I AM ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT ONCE IT LEAVES MY HANDS. IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN BOTH GROW-OUTS, YOU CAN OBVIOUSLY PICK UP BOTH FRAGS AT ONCE.

PICK UP WILL BE AT MY HOUSE IN FRANKLIN PARK (GRAND & MANNHEIM - 10MINS FROM O'HARE) PM ME FOR ADDRESS.

AVAILABILITY IS BELOW:
MONDAY: 9A - 11P
TUESDAY: UNAVAILABLE
WEDNESDAY: REEFWISE 5-6PM / MY HOUSE AFTER 7PM
THURSDAY: 7:30P - 11P
FRIDAY: 5P - 11P
SATURDAY: 9A - 11P / TBA POSSIBLE LFS
SUNDAY: 9A - 11P / TBA POSSIBLE LFS

*PLEASE PM ME WITH WHAT DAY/TIME YOU'D LIKE TO PICK UP - PLEASE SPECIFY IN PM WHICH GROW OUT YOUR ARE PICKING UP TO MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR ME*

DB9181

There is also still room in this grow-out ~ Tomorrow I will be 'officially' adding a couple more spots since there are a few extra/healthy polyps - if you are interested in joining this grow-out, please PM me.

DB9181

All frags are healing up nicely, so I am upping the max # of participants to 23.

This means there are 3 spots still available! PM me if you'd like to be added.

DB9181

First post updated with pick-ups so far - Still missing alot of people.

I've had to block out Monday noon-6p

AVAILABILITY IS BELOW:
MONDAY: 9A-NOON/ 6p-11p

Rich130981

This frag will be placed on my frag rack 1/3 up from the sand. I will keep it there until I decided on the sweet spot for growing. The system the frag is going into is as follows:

60g rimless cube
2 vortech mp10's
1 dual BRS reactor running carbon and GFO
sump is eshops 75
skimmer-eshops cone 150
lighting-1, 2060 reefbreeder group buy. Running 100% blue 70% white at peak

Tank livestock
Zoas/Palys 50 or so different kinds
Ricordeas 250+
yumas red a few
rock nems 2
sexy shrimp 11
1 walking dendro
fish: 2 chromis, 2 pajama cardinals small
Clean up crew, 1 fuzzy chiton, 2 turbos, 20 margarita snails

Dosing: I dose fuel once per week, and vitamin c twice daily 1/4 tsp
Food: I mostly feed Mysis, but sometimes rods reef

View attachment 16081
View attachment 16082

DB9181

Pick ups have begun!

Still have not heard back from a large number of you... Please PM when you would like to pick up - Quicker you pick up gives you choice of between more polyps and an extra couple days (up to a week) on the grow out.

First post has been updated regarding pick ups.

AVAILABILITY IS BELOW:

Once you receive your polyp, please also remember to do a brief write up on your tank. You just do a brief write-up of your system (eg. size, flow, light, placement of the paly, coral food, fish, etc) with initial photo of frag in your tank.

Initial posts/write up will be due by Monday July 8th.

DB9181

Will....you got the picture covered...lol -still need all the other info - as well as posted in both grow out threads.

William Lutman

27G SPS dominated cube
Kessil A350w
mag 5 return
Koralla nano 240
Not Your Mama's Custom sump
Reef Octopus BH 50 skimmer
Some brand of heater, 100w heater
4" sock only when stuff is in water column
1 bag of Purigen

placed back of tank 4" from surface with high flow
All SPS, few hermits and snails