ChicagoReefs.com Summer 2012 Palythoa Grow-Out Contest

DaveWF

Same three as last time, only bigger. I guess this one just wasn't meant to be for me

Sent from my awesome phone using TapaTalk

DaveWF

Same three as last time, only bigger. I guess this one just wasn't meant to be for me

I stand corrected! Saw this new baby popping out the side just now.

Funlad3

Haven't had my brain food yet this morning but if it is 7" under the led bulb and the bulb is 16" over the water wouldn't the polyp be 9" above the waters surface?

That's what I get from reading this anyways. But hey like I said I haven't had my brain food yet this morning.
7" under the water, oops! :lol:

Funlad3

Will, when I say direct flow, I mean it isn't being blasted by a stream of water. Rather, it is surrounded by a quickly moving vortex. :)

Cub21rak

I think tonight's the final update. So here is my final picture. I have 4 polyps although they are closed right now but u can see all four from this angle.

FishBeard

Update for Keith (Gonebad), he has 4 polyps and a bud. He will send a pic for proof if he is one of the winners.

jayjigga

I was running out of patience with my camera, so I just shot with flash to get it over with :p

I'm not sure what happened in the last month, but I won't complain:

Side shot to show the hiding baby polyp:

Put me down for 6 polyps :D

Nxt

I was running out of patience with my camera, so I just shot with flash to get it over with :p

I'm not sure what happened in the last month, but I won't complain:

Side shot to show the hiding baby polyp:

Put me down for 6 polyps :D
you suck.

FishBeard

Meh, I have 6 and a couple buds. I'm surprised we don't have more in the 6+ range. These seemed like good growers for me.

DaveWF

Meh, I have 6 and a couple buds. I'm surprised we don't have more in the 6+ range. These seemed like good growers for me.
I'd like to think I could have been there, but my plug was CONSTANTLY getting blown out of my frag racks. I even rescued it from my lobo once! Don't use these lightweight plastic plugs anymore, ok? No ceramic plug has even blown out like this one did 6 or 7 times.

jayjigga

I'd like to think I could have been there, but my plug was CONSTANTLY getting blown out of my frag racks. I even rescued it from my lobo once! Don't use these lightweight plastic plugs anymore, ok? No ceramic plug has even blown out like this one did 6 or 7 times.
I knew that issue going in, so I just drilled some rubble and glue the plug onto it. We've had people have extra polyps underneath the plug, so I wanted to counter that issue too and give the polyps more surface to mat as they wanted. Overall, I think it worked ok.

I'm waiting for someone to rain on ma parade...lol