ChicagoReefs.com Summer 2012 Palythoa Grow-Out Contest

Funlad3

So the high is 6 right now? Let me check when I get home; I had two bumps a few days ago. Maybe I got lucky. Otherwise Dave, it's on!

FishBeard

Didn't y'all see my last minute revisions to the rules? You have to have MORE polyps than I have on my control frag to even be eligible to win... Looks like I've got 1st, 2nd & 3rd in the bag. ;-)

DB9181

Didn't y'all see my last minute revisions to the rules? You have to have MORE polyps than I have on my control frag to even be eligible to win... Looks like I've got 1st, 2nd & 3rd in the bag. ;-)
You said you have 6 plus some buds... so if people have 6 doesn't that technically count?

Last minute revisions? woooh...the DAY it ends? lol

FishBeard

You said you have 6 plus some buds... so if people have 6 doesn't that technically count?

Last minute revisions? woooh...the DAY it ends? lol
I said they need to have MORE than I do. And you missed the winking smiley at the end of my post. Don't get so bent out of shape over it, im just keeping the thread up top to remind people to check in and give Jay a little ribbing.

DB9181

Haha likewise im just messing around out of boredom. Alright for the record I have 6 POLYPS too :D
Picture coming later tonight...

DB9181

Lies!! I'll have to go poop in your tank after work!
Doubtful, Pedro would bite your a$$ before you got to the tank. Kinda feel that the 'tie breaker' should go to the person giving the most "care" to their polyps. I spot fed, rotated, and caressed each baby bump. YOU on the other hand forgot about yours and let algae grow on it. Then go to move it 2 days before the end and OH LOOK 6 polyps lol

jayjigga

Doubtful, Pedro would bite your a$$ before you got to the tank. Kinda feel that the 'tie breaker' should go to the person giving the most "care" to their polyps. I spot fed, rotated, and caressed each baby bump. YOU on the other hand forgot about yours and let algae grow on it. Then go to move it 2 days before the end and OH LOOK 6 polyps lol
You forgot the most important part: talk sht about the polyp cuz it's kinda ugly during the day :D

gomery12

4, but I did get twins as my first so I was happy. 4th is still a bump, may have a mouth today though, haven't checked in 2 days.

Funlad3

5 and a rather large bump right now. I'll pamper it for the next 5:57 and see if I can't just pop a sixth.

In two weeks, I'll be at 8ish easy. Mine's about to explode!

Funlad3

Here's a question: say that two people go into sudden death mode for first place and the person in 3rd goes on a growth spurt, surpasing both of them before either pops a head?

Just a hypothetical, and my only chance at supremacy. :lol:

jayjigga

Here's a question: say that two people go into sudden death mode for first place and the person in 3rd goes on a growth spurt, surpasing both of them before either pops a head?

Just a hypothetical, and my only chance at supremacy. :lol:
There won't be a race for 1st cause Imma go to Dan's place while he's busy and frag off a head to glue onto mine! Muahahahahahaha, but I think the race excludes any others who didn't make that cut anyhow :)

Funlad3

I only ask because I'm in a tie for third, but I'm only behind the tie for first by a day or two. I think I might pop multiple heads in my 5 head showdown, which could possibly beat out the dueling six head people. I guess the conflict comes down to:

1. A sudden death competition allows any incumbent to possibly surpass and beat out the two (or more) leaders.

OR

2. Whoever has the most heads at the end time of the competition wins, and the sudden death race is exclusive to those who had that tied number of heads at the close.

George, as the runner of this contest, what do you think?

FishBeard

Technically the contest ends at 11:59 tonight, if you take 3rd place, then you take 3rd place. The "sudden death" is only for whoever is tied at the end of the contest.

Jep21

My polyps are barely alive lol.. I tech got 3 but u can see the third one lol.. Sorry if im a late post lol