Considering an auto top-off

Ajmal C

Thanks [MENTION=1152]chewal[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2509]rockhead[/MENTION], seeing alot of success stories for the JBJ.

Have to get my own pump right?

Ajmal C

Just looked it up (Tom's Aqualifter) It's really cheap, which is good. Also GPH is low so don't have to worry about overfilling the tank too much.

Anyone use the pre-filter with it?

Ajmal C

I have been running a jbj ato for the past 2.5 years with a tom's aqua lifter pump. Not a single issue to date. Knock on wood! It also shuts off after about a minute of pumping. So with that pump you have nothing to worry about with volume.
Looked into the aqualifter pump, it's economical and 'safe'. Thanks.

Ajmal C

Been running a Jbj for 3-4 yrs and never had a problem only with the aqualift pump and that wasn't a big deal just needed new diaphragms put in just took forever to fill , it just keep running

Tom
How long before the aqualifter diaphragm needed replacing?

it is a very low rated gph, did ykou find issues with the time it took to fill?

rockhead

How long before the aqualifter diaphragm needed replacing?

it is a very low rated gph, did ykou find issues with the time it took to fill?
But for the price of the aqua lift pump you could buy two of them and keep one for back up

Tom

rockhead

Very little flow had it on my 75 DT with a 75 sump with open tops and never had a issue keeping up

Tom

Ajmal C

Read in the specs that the max head height is 30" need it to pump about 40". will it be able to do that?

Any other alternatives to go with the JBJ ATO?

Ajmal C

Can you put the pump on a shelf or make a stand closer to the top of your tank?
I can put it on the side table, where I put my aquarium paraphernalia, that would put the head height around 26".
Thanks, I forgot the aqualifter is not a submersible so the placement is not fully restricted.

Do you know how much higher the pump can be in relation to the end of the suction tube? As in if the reservoir was on the ground and the mouth of the suctioning tube was also at ground level.

fredfish13

Not sure about the numbers. But in my old set up of a 20 long, I had to put the pump at aquarium level then ran the intake tube down to reservoir which might have been a couple feet. You could possibly set up your reservoir on some type of stand just to raise it a foot or so to help.