Grow out

SkunkerX

So chalice grow out sound good?? I would be happy if we could get at least 10 people

but the next question would be how much is to enter the how much to spend on the coral

and how much for the prize????????????? Thoughts?????? anyone anyone

Top Shelf one of our sponsors has some nice chalices' although they are in Florida

Last edited:

98silverado

So chalice grow out sound good?? I would be happy if we could get at least 10 people

but the next question would be how much is to enter the how much to spend on the coral

and how much for the prize????????????? Thoughts?????? anyone anyone

Top Shelf one of our sponsors has some nice chalices' although they are in Florida
I think if we can get 10 people and do it that would be good. The other question is, how do we work out pick up of the frag? Sending it to one person for pick up will be the best option for shipping I think. Also, need one main person as the money man and everything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkunkerX

So it looks like we have 6 people interested so far that I can tell

supercahrgedgp
xmoji
unico
98silverado
skunkerx
firedawg1983

am I missing anyone? if not 4 more and we can try to get this thing going

I guess we would need to know what everyone is good on a buy in price then how much goes toward the chalice and how much goes for prize money

and where we get said chalice......I would say Blue Line Coral seeing they are local but if not them Top Shelf Aquatics from Florida is also a sponsor on here

98silverado

supercahrgedgp
xmoji
unico
98silverado
skunkerx
firedawg1983

I guess we would need to know what everyone is good on a buy in price then how much goes toward the chalice and how much goes for prize money

and where we get said chalice......I would say Blue Line Coral seeing they are local but if not them Top Shelf Aquatics from Florida is also a sponsor on here
I would agree with blue line. No shipping worries and maybe talk to them about getting the colony in and making the frags as well.

98silverado

supercahrgedgp
xmoji
unico
98silverado
skunkerx
firedawg1983

Think we should make a new post for starting this with rules, price and everything?

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
I’m in but I’m hoping we can do this with a nice maybe rarer chalice then some run of the mill. I do collect them and would prefer not adding a super common one to my collection. I also could be the money man if needed. I have no issues with putting the money out to buy them and start this assuming we are all on the same page. Let me know

SkunkerX

well I guess we would have to come up with the rules and pricing and everything then we could start a new post?

and any chalice in particular ford, how much were you thinking per person for a nice chalice?

I myself wouldnt mind a rarer chalice just depends on how much I guess

98silverado

well I guess we would have to come up with the rules and pricing and everything then we could start a new post?

and any chalice in particular ford, how much were you thinking per person for a nice chalice?

My only worry is killing it haha. But also if it takes off would be nice to have a rarer piece

Firedawg1983

My only worry is killing it haha. But also if it takes off would be nice to have a rarer piece

Same here about killing it!! LOL Definitely agree on a nicer/rare piece. Blue line would be a good idea. I looked on TSA and they have a few good looking frags so I’m sure they have the colonies too.

((FORDTECH))

Premium member

So here is a few I am trying to grow out as examples of nicer ones but I understand some may be to expensive for this. I guess I’d be happy long as we stay away from the usual mostly green ones like raja rampage and aliens eye and Hollywood stunner. I’m not sure where we could get these 8-10 frags tho will be the hard part imo. 30E43661-47AC-4416-B45A-57F2A1C01629.jpeg2090A96A-F537-4B9A-8B4E-F3B0E50BDA61.jpeg

Attachments

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
Since no one has thrown out any prices I will first :) how about 100$. and cost of frag is 75ish $ so 25$ to pot with 10 people is 250$ prize for winner ?in the end if you lose you paid 100$ for a nice 75$ frag.

SkunkerX

I think I might be able to swing that...I'll start going thru the couch lol...I would also like to stay away mostly green ones..and maybe the mostly purple ones?

but so far is seems only 6 are interested at the moment but that even wouldn't be too bad...but how to distribute the winnings?? $$Cash$$ or a gift certificate

from the store we get the chalice from and maybe hopefully they give us a deal on the chalice?? Im just thinking out loud thou

98silverado

I think I might be able to swing that...I'll start going thru the couch lol...I would also like to stay away mostly green ones..and maybe the mostly purple ones?

but so far is seems only 6 are interested at the moment but that even wouldn't be too bad...but how to distribute the winnings?? $$Cash$$ or a gift certificate

from the store we get the chalice from and maybe hopefully they give us a deal on the chalice?? Im just thinking out loud thou
I think the gift card idea would be good to talk about with the store. Like you said who knows maybe they will give us a better price if they know they can get another sale out of it as well.

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
I think the gift card idea would be good to talk about with the store. Like you said who knows maybe they will give us a better price if they know they can get another sale out of it as well.

See I disagree on the gift card because all that means I’m gonna have to spend more money at that store and I may not want to. I’d rather have the cash in my hand to spend it where I want but I’m down for whatever.:)

Last edited:

98silverado

See I disagree on the gift card because all that means I’m gonna have to spend more money at that store and I may not want to. I’d rather have the cash in my hand to spend it where I want but I’m down for whatever.:)
I can see both sides of it. But I think we need to get a solid yes or no from guys before we go to far.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Hey sorry I’m late to the conversation. Chalice grow out sounds cool. I only have one chalice atm and wouldn’t mind adding another. I agree with @((FORDTECH)) and @Firedawg1983 rarer one would be better and stay away from green.

$100 sound good but do you think we could get a rarer piece for that much?

i think a cash prize would be better then a gift card that way the winner spends it on what they want.

98silverado

Hey sorry I’m late to the conversation. Chalice grow out sounds cool. I only have one chalice atm and wouldn’t mind adding another. I agree with @((FORDTECH)) and @Firedawg1983 rarer one would be better and stay away from green.

$100 sound good but do you think we could get a rarer piece for that much?

i think a cash prize would be better then a gift card that way the winner spends it on what they want.
I think we would just have to have one of us talk to Dan over at blue line and see what he can do. There are always other options but keeping it local would make it much easier for pickup I think

superchargedgp

Oh man green is the only one I don’t have. Im not into all the rare fancy name corals. As long as it looks nice im game