JC Red Sea Reefer 350

ninjamyst

Premium member
Picked up RFAs online. Pretty nice but small.

Got a nice pic of the clownfish hosting flowerpot

Love my blastos

ninjamyst

Premium member
Went to Aquapros for fish, came back with a wellso

FTS. I really need more fish, but everything I want, I shouldn't get. Want a flame angel, blue star leopard wrasse, or copperhead butterfly

rockhead

How are your sps responding to light , are you able to control your light yet
Tank is looking great

ninjamyst

Premium member
How are your sps responding to light , are you able to control your light yet
Tank is looking great
The easy SPS (monti, birdnest, stylo) are doing great. The pinkish mariculture acro is turning green so not sure if that means too much light or too little light. I ended up buying an Android tablet to control the light. The app sucks though.

tinman

The easy SPS (monti, birdnest, stylo) are doing great. The pinkish mariculture acro is turning green so not sure if that means too much light or too little light. I ended up buying an Android tablet to control the light. The app sucks though.
Possibly too much nutrients too .. Kinda explains ur algae on the glass problem too

Sent from my iPhone

ninjamyst

Premium member
Possibly too much nutrients too .. Kinda explains ur algae on the glass problem too

Sent from my iPhone
Yea, got cyano too =(. I am going to put in new GFO and carbon in the reactor this weekend. I was hoping I only need to change them one a month, but I guess I need to change them every 2 weeks.

Spartanman22

Yea, got cyano too =(. I am going to put in new GFO and carbon in the reactor this weekend. I was hoping I only need to change them one a month, but I guess I need to change them every 2 weeks.
I've just had a spurt of cyano as well. Despite heavy skimming, GFO, carbon, and a fuge packed with Chaeto it still is going strong. I shutoff the lights tonight and am going to do 3 days off. Maybe worth a consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ninjamyst

Premium member
New FTS

Got my fuge set up. Thanks [MENTION=189]trackfast[/MENTION] for the chaeto hookup. Gonna get some pods and phyto this weekend from PorkchopExpress to jump start the pod population too.

did you put all those rock nems in your tank? would love to see some close ups of those in there too!
Actually lost 4 of the nems already. They detached from the rock and floated right into the big torch. $100 gone just like that. sigh.

Last edited:

ninjamyst

Premium member
Quick video of the tank.

[video=youtube;hUUDoL6_SGM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUUDoL6_SGM[/video]

MMreef

Every time i see your tank i am amazed, looks great. I especially like your trio of firefish, not many tried and succeeded. Minimal aquascape and negative use of space makes this tank look bigger. This should be next featured tank on CR. :)

Got my fuge set up. Thanks [MENTION=189]trackfast[/MENTION] for the chaeto hookup. Gonna get some pods and phyto this weekend from PorkchopExpress to jump start the pod population too.
hey i noticed you have filter floss between your fuge (second chamber) and return pump (third chamber)...while i've also thought about doing this in order to minimize microbubbles in the display tank, won't this impede your pods from getting into the your DT? or are you just going to periodically pour water or rinse off chaeto in the display?