JC Red Sea Reefer 350

ninjamyst

Premium member
Just noticed no top screen, no jumpers so far or you just took it down for the video?
Just took it down for the video. Do you recognize that green hammer on the right hand side? I bought that from you a while ago. I believe 3 heads at the time, it's now like 6 heads. Also still have the free mushroom rock you gave me =). Thanks again!

ninjamyst

Premium member
hey i noticed you have filter floss between your fuge (second chamber) and return pump (third chamber)...while i've also thought about doing this in order to minimize microbubbles in the display tank, won't this impede your pods from getting into the your DT? or are you just going to periodically pour water or rinse off chaeto in the display?
I ended up dumping the pods into the display and in the Seachem Matrix rocks. Turned off the return pump and skimmer for a few hours to let them settle in. I only put a little bit into the chaeto since I figure the skimmer will kill them or they will get trapped in the filter pads. I guess no mandarin for me....

carpetreef75

Premium member
New FTS

Got my fuge set up. Thanks [MENTION=189]trackfast[/MENTION] for the chaeto hookup. Gonna get some pods and phyto this weekend from PorkchopExpress to jump start the pod population too.

Actually lost 4 of the nems already. They detached from the rock and floated right into the big torch. $100 gone just like that. sigh.
stuff like that happens, but on the bright side there are alot more Expen$ive hobbies then this saltwater one were in

ninjamyst

Premium member
Every time i see your tank i am amazed, looks great. I especially like your trio of firefish, not many tried and succeeded. Minimal aquascape and negative use of space makes this tank look bigger. This should be next featured tank on CR. :)
you jinxed me =P. came home to one of the firefish with rotting tail fin. blah.

Rcunning8

Premium member
hey i noticed you have filter floss between your fuge (second chamber) and return pump (third chamber)...while i've also thought about doing this in order to minimize microbubbles in the display tank, won't this impede your pods from getting into the your DT? or are you just going to periodically pour water or rinse off chaeto in the display?
Do you think that the black macro filter that goes around my return pump keeps pods from going up into my DT? sorry for the hijack

Do you think that the black macro filter that goes around my return pump keeps pods from going up into my DT? sorry for the hijack
pods are tiny and fit through the smallest of openings, probably even through the filter...with that said if the goal is to grow pods in the fuge to continuously supply the DT then i try my hardest not to impede their journey up there