JVC's JBJ 12 "Budget" Build

Greg

I dont comment, but I'm following along since theres lots of pics. :)

It looks like you used a freshly RTN'd sps colony as rock. :p Havent seen that one yet.

JVC

I dont comment, but I'm following along since theres lots of pics. :)

It looks like you used a freshly RTN'd sps colony as rock. :p Havent seen that one yet.
Yeah, that birdsnest stuff in the back left? I really don't like it actually and have been thinking about trying to find something to replace it with.

I gotta move some stuff around too, since I have all those frags in the sand it seems even more full than usual, but I want to move the kenya tree back into a corner along with the toadstool then it should open it up a little more. It looks a lot more full than it really is. I need to move stuff around then I think I can fit a little bit more. I'm also considering a bigger tank in my room (since the 12 is in our family room) but I have to figure out if I really want to do that.

Thanks for the comments guys!
-John

JVC

Took some more legit pictures of some of the recent stuffs.

my sixline loves laying down in the GSP and wriggling around!

JVC

I'm going to be switching some of this over to a 24gal Nanocube in the near future, keep your eyes open for a new build thread for that tank!

JVC

added this little guy to my tank over the weekend.

and some other updated pictures...

new frogspawn frag

ricordea garden

galaxia

some other mushrooms

JVC

Had some rock kicking around, replaced the RTN'ed birdsnest for some fiji I had hanging around.

Also recently got a Bangaii Cardinal from MCF via Brad (rattyE36)

Also picked up a Pistol Shrimp who is making friends with my yellow watchman goby. No pictures of that but I'm gonna sit down soon with my camera and snap away some new pictures for a large healthy update!

MMreef

Looking great.I would try to hide this powerhead somehow behind rock,facing upwards.When corals grow out a little more this might be nano of the month.

JVC

Looking great.I would try to hide this powerhead somehow behind rock,facing upwards.When corals grow out a little more this might be nano of the month.
I plan to upgrade the pump to a maxijet 6-9-12 and then a hydorflow and then removing the powerhead... it's not even running right now as a test to see if I need it.

JVC

Looks like my Chromis died... came up this morning, fed the tank, couldn't find him and then saw a red leg hermit eating what I think was him... :(

Hope that wasn't because of the new addition of a pistol shrimp...

BlakeT

Sorry to hear that. I doubt it was the pistol. We have 30 more arriving next week if you would like to replace him.

JVC

Sorry to hear that. I doubt it was the pistol. We have 30 more arriving next week if you would like to replace him.
That would work... maybe I'll get something else instead... still trying to decide on clowns...

Yeah, I doubt it was the pistol tool but that was my only guess as I just added that so I figured maybe it had something to do with it in some way.

JVC

Went out of town last weekend, had my younger brother check on my tank whenever I called. Got home, can't find my six line wrasse. Salinity is a tad bit high so I have some fresh RODI water to dial it back. Based on my cheap hydrometer reading, it was like 1.029ish it was definitely a bit high.

Meanwhile, got bored and after finding some LED's I had used in the footwells of a previous car I owned, wired up a Moon light, just finished it so I'm gonna mount it up tomorrow but I threw it in the hood just for kicks to see what it would look like. I have a feeling my greens and red's are going to look super crazy. I might have to go buy some strips since this is pretty unidirectional instead of truly spreading the light around. Who knows, just for fun.

JVC

Got some stock DX lighting from Brad (rattyE36) and installed those tonight... DX hood isn't quite the same as the non DX hood so it was a bit more of an ordeal than I expected but they're in there... sorta. haha