Mrs. Smitty's Gorgonian tank

Jep21

looking great man.. Im really diggin the black sand.. Is it almost time to add corals yet lol

Smitty

Premium member
looking great man.. Im really diggin the black sand.. Is it almost time to add corals yet lol
Thank you sir...yep, we can add corals now. She actually already have a few red mushrooms and yellow polyps that hitched from my live rock.

steveo9043

Black sand does really look good in the pictures, how does it look in real life?

I'm contemplating using black sand in my new tank and have read mixed reviews on it. I also heard some black sand is magnetic and to keep your mag float away from it. Is yours magnetic?

Jet

Wicked! What a fun challenge too. I look forward to seeing how this goes. How great that your wife is getting involved in your hobby too.

Smitty

Premium member
Black sand does really look good in the pictures, how does it look in real life?

I'm contemplating using black sand in my new tank and have read mixed reviews on it. I also heard some black sand is magnetic and to keep your mag float away from it. Is yours magnetic?
It actually looks much better in person, vs the picture... I've heard about the sand being magnetic, but I use the mag float around the sand with no issues at all.

Smitty

Premium member
Wicked! What a fun challenge too. I look forward to seeing how this goes. How great that your wife is getting involved in your hobby too.
Thank you...yeah, totally opposite from my ex wife. She actually love my hobby and support it.

Smitty

Premium member
Yes sir...I'll be out that way this morning too, gonna stop by Aquatica. I'll pm you my tel#.

Smitty

Premium member
I hate to tell u this but now is a perfect pony tank . Seahorses rock
Thank you Joe...I appreciate that sir. Yeah, I'll grab 2 seahorses, and probably 2 pipefish for her tank. Lately I've been trying to find more pretty micro algae to place in there to fill in. I'm also gonna fill the rocks in with some various soft corals.

madjoe

Premium member
Thank you Joe...I appreciate that sir. Yeah, I'll grab 2 seahorses, and probably 2 pipefish for her tank. Lately I've been trying to find more pretty micro algae to place in there to fill in. I'm also gonna fill the rocks in with some various soft corals.
Saw some cool pipe fish at xzotics they had three differnt kind a week ago
these was one my ora pairs yellow female orange male although he was cranky that day so was nt orange for pic

Last edited: