Sawdonkey's 220 Thread

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Old six gal gravity fed ato, meet your replacement! 25 gallon container with the smart ato system. The only bad news is that I have to relocate my DJ powerstrip to get it in place.

View attachment 1941

Thanks for the container Mai!

Sawdonkey

Premium member
This was a lot more work than I expected, but the tank is in place and I'm making ro. I had to move my DJ powerstrip and that was a real pita. I used the opportunity to clean up all of my wiring and it looks much cleaner now. I got the smart ato hooked up and I like its simplicity.

Full under the hood shot:
View attachment 1959

New DJ powerstrip location:
View attachment 1960

New topoff tank (thanks Mai):
View attachment 1961

Smart ato:
View attachment 1962

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Picked up Kevin's black snowflakes yesterday. They are in qt now, but I'm considering putting them in the DT tonight. Lunacris had them in qt with meds when Kevin bought them. Kevin has had them in their own tank since November and no other fish have ever been in the tank. Would you continue the qt or put them in the DT?

View attachment 2115

SkullV

QT if you have one (and have already QT everything else). Disease can come in on coral, rock, etc. You're tank is too big to try and start pulling stuff for treatment if something pops up. Nice fish by the way!

Sawdonkey

Premium member
QT if you have one (and have already QT everything else). Disease can come in on coral, rock, etc. You're tank is too big to try and start pulling stuff for treatment if something pops up. Nice fish by the way!
Thanks. Yeah, you're right. I already have have them in qt, and all of my other fish have been through copper and prazi at one point. I guess it's no more work to keep them in QT.

You're right about catching my other fish. No chance unless I tore down my rockwork. Even if I did catch them, I'd need a huge hospital tank.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Practiced a little shooting in RAW tonight. Then I adjusted the photos in Lightroom and tried as much as possible to match the real life colors. I still need some practice but I feel like I'm getting better:

This is the Reef Raft Nauti Spiral. I've had this for a few months, but never really cared about it because it was just fleshy and not much to look at. Now it's coloring up, but still not a show stopper:
View attachment 2119

This is a tricolor acro that I've had for a few weeks. It's gone from purple and brown to mostly purple. Probably because I placed it to high. It is also one of the fasted encrusters in my tank:
View attachment 2120

This is my ATL Banana Lokani. It has been all over my tank. I moved it to low and it started getting brown. I moved it too high, and it got white. Now it's starting to get it's yellow back:
View attachment 2123

Yellow Scroll:
View attachment 2126

Red Prostrata. This turned all white when I put it in my tank about a month ago. It's starting to color up after moving it around a bit to find a good location.
View attachment 2127

Green Branching Psamacora:
View attachment 2124

ATL Strawberry Fields. I got this as two tiny frags that have now encrusted into each other and are starting to grow up. It was all green when I got it. Its "strawberries" are starting to come in:
View attachment 2125

GARF Bonsai is encrusting nicely:
View attachment 2128

This is an ebay frag I got a while back. It's coloring up nicely with reds and greens.
View attachment 2129

Peach Digi:
View attachment 2130

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Sunday was a 15 hour reefing day. Here is what I did:

• Replaced my Reeflo external pump with in-sump Jaebo DC12000
  • Plumbed the whole thing
  • Made a stub-off to run my reactors and eliminate two powerheads
  • Got rid of my spray bar over the top of the tank
  • Replaced all four bulkheads
  • Turned two bulkheads from drains into returns
  • Capped off the old bulkhead that was used for the external retun pump
  • Adjusted my Dursos
  • Organized all of my wiring and got all wires off the floor of my cabinet. Everything is strapped to underside of the cabinet.

Really liking the Jaebo pump. It's silent and really moves water. I have it turned up about half way and it's plenty for my system. I had my Reeflo valved back a ton, so this Jaebo is much more appropriate. The stub-off for the reactors is working great.

My whole tank is much quieter now. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I upgraded my drains to 1.5" from 1". One of teh main things I accomplished was creating valuable storage space in my stand. Eliminating the Reeflo pump and putting the return pump in the sump gave me a bunch of space. Now if I ever need to add a Ca reactor, I'll have the space.

I had to go to Home Depot three times on Sunday because i kept screwing things up and forgetting to get parts.

View attachment 2310

View attachment 2307

View attachment 2308

View attachment 2309

tinman

Amazing Gunner ..

white tips on that purple stylo means good params (or so i was told) :)