Spartanman22's 80 DB

Spartanman22

You picked up the male broneous from AP.

I was looking at the pair at the expo. But expo prices were.......not shop prices
Yeah I picked it up from AP. When I got him they only had two left. They had what looked like a female but wasn't sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

I loved the blue carpet you having nice and sexy tank.
Thank you! The nem is definitely my showpiece. I got it from AP 3.5 years ago. I thought it was a goner a year ago. It reached up into my MP10 and shredded a portion of it, but it recovered quite well.

Spartanman22

Idk if this first time ive seen pics of this tank or not but very nice man clean looking and awsome colors
Thank you man! It's coming along nicely things have settled pretty nicely and the SPS have started to take off. Now time to just sit back and watch it all grow in.

Rcunning8

Premium member
So far he has been I haven't noticed and coral nibbling and my inverts have all been safe so far.

I had a Valentini before and he remained reef safe for the entire time I had him, I wish u luck with yours!

Spartanman22

I had a Valentini before and he remained reef safe for the entire time I had him, I wish u luck with yours!

That's good to hear. He was definitely an impulse buy. I wasn't sure how'd he do with all the flow. But he does just fine.

Rcunning8

Premium member
That's good to hear. He was definitely an impulse buy. I wasn't sure how'd he do with all the flow. But he does just fine.

Yea mine was a great swimmer, I did end up getting rid of him out of fear he would turn bad but I kinda wish I kept him, they are great fish with a lot of personality

Spartanman22

Anyone care to enlighten me on how they keep their sand beds clean? I've been stirring mine 1-2 times a week, but in areas of low flow it starts to crust over and look bad.

I'm in a tough spot because I can't really turn up the vortechs anymore. The left side vortech does a good job of mixing up the sand, but the right side vortech does not. I can't turn that one up much more because it starts to make too much turbulence at the surface causing water to splash up and get all over the wall and down the back side of the tank. I don't have a painted back to my tank so the streaks of salt creep are really unsightly. I can't really lower the vortech because then it'll be right in front of the anemone. I really don't want to piss him off and send him walking again.

My goal is the add a third MP40 this Christmas to the right side of the tank. Until then I've been toying with the idea of throwing in a Jebao. I would like to add a PP4 on the back, bottom left corner, by the overflow to keep some flow going behind the rock. May try another in the top right corner of the tank blowing down onto the sand.

Mr. Thingdoer

Anyone care to enlighten me on how they keep their sand beds clean? I've been stirring mine 1-2 times a week, but in areas of low flow it starts to crust over and look bad.

I'm in a tough spot because I can't really turn up the vortechs anymore. The left side vortech does a good job of mixing up the sand, but the right side vortech does not. I can't turn that one up much more because it starts to make too much turbulence at the surface causing water to splash up and get all over the wall and down the back side of the tank. I don't have a painted back to my tank so the streaks of salt creep are really unsightly. I can't really lower the vortech because then it'll be right in front of the anemone. I really don't want to piss him off and send him walking again.

My goal is the add a third MP40 this Christmas to the right side of the tank. Until then I've been toying with the idea of throwing in a Jebao. I would like to add a PP4 on the back, bottom left corner, by the overflow to keep some flow going behind the rock. May try another in the top right corner of the tank blowing down onto the sand.

Have you ever considered going bare bottom? My current system is bare bottom. I had some reservations at first, but I don't think I'll ever go with a sand bed again.

Spartanman22

Have you ever considered going bare bottom? My current system is bare bottom. I had some reservations at first, but I don't think I'll ever go with a sand bed again.
I thought about it when setting up the tank, but I just do not care for the look of bare bottom. It's just not my personal cup of tea.

Mr. Thingdoer

I thought about it when setting up the tank, but I just do not care for the look of bare bottom. It's just not my personal cup of tea.

Some people cover the bottom with HDPE starboard. It almost looks like sand.
If it's not your cup of tea, then its not your cup of tea, but man does it make things much easier, plus you can crank your flow.

Spartanman22

The new wrasses have settled in nicely and are much more outgoing now. Was able to snag a few shots. The blue throat is front and center. I don't think I could scare that guy away if I tried. The Brunneus was a bit more shy.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member

My pp4 does almost nothing. I'd go with a pp8 as I plan to upgrade to one at some point for the same reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Got the bluefish mini and the chassis jacks in. Hoping to start working on the mod this weekend.

Need to cut out the holes in the canopy for the fans and route in some cable slots first though.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Got the bluefish mini and the chassis jacks in. Hoping to start working on the mod this weekend.

Need to cut out the holes in the canopy for the fans and route in some cable slots first though.

Looking forward to seeing this.

Spartanman22

Spent all day yesterday working on wiring up my three OR-T247's to a bluefish mini controller. The bluefish mini works great for a single OR-T247, but doesn't work as well across three units.

I am not very electrically savvy. So there's a chance I am missing something, but despite about 10 hours of messing with it I could never get the two slave units to dim perfectly with the master. It'd work fine for the blue channels, but the white channels on the two slave units wouldn't dim down to 10% well.

But I got it working well enough that I was satisfied so I soldered up all my connections and got them hung back up. Plugged them in and the master unit LEDs don't light up .

So I'm really hoping I just screwed up a solder somewhere and didn't fry the whole fixture, but regardless I don't think I'm going to succeed in wiring up three units to one bluefish. I used chassis jacks and auxilary cords to connect the fixtures.

Spartanman22

Contacted Ocean Revive and since my units less than 1 year old they're replacing the driver free of charge! Customer service has been great thus far. Decided to purchase two additional drivers just to have on hand.

#theMatrix

This even with diy soldering etc? Or was that not discussed.

No need to elaborate. Thats awesome.
Lets see some tank shots.