Spartanman22's 80 DB

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Contacted Ocean Revive and since my units less than 1 year old they're replacing the driver free of charge! Customer service has been great thus far. Decided to purchase two additional drivers just to have on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They've been really good to me when I've had issues (dropped a fixture in water, fans gone bad due to enclosed canopy, power supplies gun bad). Even though my units were older than two years, they gave me parts at cost, which was nearly free.

Spartanman22

Don't have any new pictures of the 80. It's been on cruise control lately while I've been trying to finish this canopy. Hoping to have that done and some progress pictures this week.

In the mean time here's a shot of my office setup.

Not much exciting going on in there. Some softies and the few LPS I had in the 80.

Spartanman22

I've been painting the canopy this week so hopefully can finish that up this weekend and get some finished pictures of it.

Ran into some frustrations with the bluefish mini install the resulted in the frying of the white channel on one of my OR LEDs. Fortunately it was the unit that was only 6 months old and still under warranty. I tried swapping in a new driver, but it still didn't work. I bridged each diode and none lit up. So, I've since sent it in to have OR repair it. Hopefully they get it back soon. The center of my tank is without light and of course that's where are the $$$ acros are. I put up a spare Aquamaxx Nemo for the meantime, but that doesn't put out too much light.

Spartanman22

Well finally figured out why my colt coral hasn't been doing well in my office tank. It had 5 large (0.75-1") nudibranchs all over it today. Idk how I missed them before as they are quite large. It's a shame they are pretty cool looking.

madjoe

Premium member
Well finally figured out why my colt coral hasn't been doing well in my office tank. It had 5 large (0.75-1") nudibranchs all over it today. Idk how I missed them before as they are quite large. It's a shame they are pretty cool looking.

Dam they look like colt coral them selves

Spartanman22

Canopy is 90% done, just waiting on my repaired OR-T247 to be sent back and then I can make the swap.

Spartanman22

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Didn't get anything for the tank this year, but then again don't really need anything. I'll be ordering an Artfully Acrylic ClearView lid, and my grandpa is getting me a Golden Dwarf Moray. I had one in my last tank and he thought it was the coolest fish ever.

Over Christmas weekend I did lose my Brunneus Wrasse. No idea what happen to it, can't find a body. My current guess is it accidentally got caught in the gig. The gig's been getting bigger lately and may have snagged him. Really disappointed since I got that fish for a friggen steal!

Spartanman22

Took some quick iPhone shots last night. My wife's gotten into photography so this Christmas she got a tripod, Lightroom, and photobox for underwater pictures. So hopefully I can coerce her into taking so decent tank shots soon here.

I've been battling a bit of cyano on the sand. I used to run filter socks, but had to stop using them when I noticed my nutrient levels being too low. As a result, a lot of detritus accumulates in my sump now. I think all that gunk breaking down in the sump is contributing to the cyano. I've since increased my bioload, so I'm hoping I can go back to using socks again.

My center OR-T247 should be back from Ocean Revive on Monday. All my SPS in the center of the tank have taken a serious hit in color and growth, but despite not much light for almost 2 weeks they don't look too bad. Once I get the third fixture back I'll take the current two fixtures down, install all 3 in the hood and get the hood mounted. The addition of T5's to the mix should really help with evening out the spread.

RMF Diablo finally starting to grow. Color on this guy is unbelievable.

New addition. Still shy so this is the best I could do. Gorgeous adult Grey Poma Angel from RW.

Spartanman22

Well ran into some road blocks trying to upload the photos. If I find time tonight I'll try and get them up.

I get my OR fixture back today so hopefully I can tackle getting the canopy hung tonight or tomorrow.

Also just pulled the trigger on a third MP40w. Hopefully this will really help keep the sand nice and white! Still on the fence about getting the ClearView lid. Just not too keen on dropping another $250 at the moment.

Spartanman22

Well FEDEX delayed the delivery of my light until tomorrow. Oh well not like I was going to get much done with the CFP on tonight.

Spartanman22

Finally have full light over my tank again! My dad will be coming by tonight to help me get the canopy hung up.

And I should hopefully have a third MP40 arriving in the next week.