Spartanman22's Fluval M90

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
Also have you considered 2x4 Basics Workbench kit? Affordable, can build to whatever size you want, legs
won’t rot or rust, and each shelf can hold up to 1,000lbs configurable as top, middle, and bottom shelf. Amazon and big box stores carry the kit.

Spartanman22

The Seville stand will have no problems supporting the weight of a tank.

I can’t speak for SR line of sumps because I prefer to design and have my own built. That being said the SR Rimless tanks are amazing. All glass edges even, caulk lines are second to none, and looking thru the edge of the glass you can see straight thru with great polish work. Also drillable, non tempered.
Ok good to know. I like the open concept idea with a stand like the Seville.

The SR sumps looked nice in photos, and were nice in person but the quality of the materials did not seem to match the price. Their top sump is $650. For the amount I’d expect better quality. The skimmer lids were flimsy and the edges weren’t particularly clean. Felt cheap.

I’m glad I went and looked though because of was seriously considering it. Think I’ll stick with Fiji Cube or a custom Elite Aquatics.

Their rimless tanks were very nice though! And their prices are pretty reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Also have you considered 2x4 Basics Workbench kit? Affordable, can build to whatever size you want, legs
won’t rot or rust, and each shelf can hold up to 1,000lbs configurable as top, middle, and bottom shelf. Amazon and big box stores carry the kit.
I have I’m just not convinced they will aesthetically fit what I’m trying to do. I have a strong rule, now that I’ve bought my first home, that the tank needs to look like a piece of furniture, not an after thought. So trying to put a lot of effort into making this look very nice. I think, for my personal tastes, the simple, open, metal stand will function better. Plus I could then always skin it if I don’t like it.

Spartanman22

Got a call today that my new firing pane of glass was ready. Hopefully I can get the new tank put back together over this next week.

Spartanman22

Wasn’t really planning on this but the price was right. Picked up an ATI Powermodule for the upgrade build. I was going to get led bar lights (reefbrites, SB Reef Lights, Orpheck, or reefbreeders) for my dimmable sunpower. But figure roughly $300 for two light bars or a Powermodule for $530 seemed like a no brainer.

Still have not decided on a sump for the new build. It’s likely down to a custom Elite Aquatics or Fiji Cube. At some point, once all the supplies have been procured and I find some courage to tell my wife about all of this, I’ll start a separate build thread. But that may be months down the road.

ESH

Premium member
when it comes time to explain it to the wife, focus on how much of a great deal you got. Sort of worked for me. Mine has caught on to the equipment prices, but not really the live stock. I lost a eclectus shroom somewhere in my tank, and she said "o there goes $60". Yes honey.. only $60....

Spartanman22

when it comes time to explain it to the wife, focus on how much of a great deal you got. Sort of worked for me. Mine has caught on to the equipment prices, but not really the live stock. I lost a eclectus shroom somewhere in my tank, and she said "o there goes $60". Yes honey.. only $60....
Well I’ve got a plan, it should work. My wife and I are still young (26 and 27, respectively). She wants kids, and I’ve been holding out, on account of us being 26 and 27. But I know that’s a battle I will loose likely sooner than later. So this will be my bargaining chip, what could go wrong.

Spartanman22

Hopefully my evil flame back angel doesn’t harass them too bad. As soon as I can catch that guy he’s out of my tank!

Spartanman22

We’ll flame back has got to go. His bullying has gotten bad lately. It’s a shame because he only nips mildly and is super fat and gorgeous, but down right mean!

Spartanman22

Not entirely sure what the second wrasse I picked up is. I think it’s a Whipfin Fairy, but this guys is way more purple than what they tend to look like.

Now that the SPS have started to go from frags to mini-colonies the end views are becoming my favorite!

Spartanman22

I had been after a Naoko for a while, and I finally snag one from Blue Line. Unfortunately during my 3 day trip to Nashville he disappeared. No idea to where but he’s gone.

Spartanman22

It’s been doing well. What you guys don’t see is the frequent sand stirring and basting due to annoying cyano. I have been dumping food, aminos, etc. into this tank and can’t keep any phosphates.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
It’s been doing well. What you guys don’t see is the frequent sand stirring and basting due to annoying cyano. I have been dumping food, aminos, etc. into this tank and can’t keep any phosphates.

Don’t know if your anti-chemical, but chemi clean will knock out that cyano with no ill effects. I’ve used it a few times.

Spartanman22

Don’t know if your anti-chemical, but chemi clean will knock out that cyano with no ill effects. I’ve used it a few times.
I’ve thought about it, it always just makes me nervous. My tanks small and an AIO. It just is an uneasy feeling but I need to try something because it won’t go away. Coral coloration is great. Nice and deep and rich. So based on coral color, I’d think my available nutrients are good.

I’ve tried multiple blackouts and they never work long term.