Spartanman22's Fluval M90

Funlad3

Put my ClearView Lid under the knife last night, and I now finally have the lid I originally requested.
The tank looks great with the lid and netting! I might try to make something similar myself. It looks like yours have tabs on the corners that are a part of the frame itself?

Spartanman22

The tank looks great with the lid and netting! I might try to make something similar myself. It looks like yours have tabs on the corners that are a part of the frame itself?
This was actually a ClearView kid from artfully acrylic. Cost quite a bit and they made it to the wrong specifications. Specifically requested, and they confirmed my request, to have it built to only cover the display portion. They built it to cover the entire tank. They ignored any attempt to contact them. I pursued for months and no response. So it was either throw away $200+ or try to make it work. In the end it works, but I personally will never do business with them again. If you’d like something similar I’d suggest Octo Aquatics. I’ve dealt with them on other projects. Good communication, good work, and they are allegedly the original creators of the acrylic mesh lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

Slowly planning out an upgrade. This will take some time as I’d like to make sure everything is thought out and perfect.

Tank: 38x20x18” rimless

Overflow: Fiji Cube 600 gph

Sump: Fiji Cube Advanced 30

ATO: Fiji Cube, Modular Marine or Synergy

Return: Vectra S1 or Neptune Cor-15

Skimmer: Somatic 60 (have), Avast Marine Swabbie, Davy Jones Skimmate Locker, BRS CO2 Scrubber (have)

Filtration: Klir DI-4, AquaUV Classic 8 watt

Media: BRS Reactor (have)

Controls: Apex EB8, FMK, various flow sensors

Dosing: GHL KH Director, Calcium Reactor (looking at Aquamaxx or Seapora), Kamoer FX-STP, carbon doser electronic regulator

Not sure on whether to jump ship to a reactor. I’d like to try it but currently have all that’s needed for dosing, and I’ve had success with dosing.

I pickup the tank early January and don’t intend to progress too quickly. Although I’m hoping to have a lot of the sump items after this holiday season. My struggle is that a lot of the equipment isn’t necessarily following a unified color scheme, which drives my ocd crazy!

The Fiji Cube sump has the best features for price that I’ve found. It’s white with blue accents. This leads me to want to go the Vectra route, but I like the integration aspects of the COR-15. I have a somatic 60s but am considering an Aquamaxx FN-120 because it’d match and I think the Somatic May be a bit too beefy. This thing isn’t small!

In the meantime going to just keep rocking and rolling with the Fluval!

Spartanman22

I’m in Rio Rancho for the week and just got a call from my wife that the ATO float got stock open again. I don’t know why this float keeps sticking. Every time I mess around with it it moves very smoothly.

I was smarter this time as I only filled up the ATO with about 2-3 gallons. But day 1 of my trip and the ATO is already offline . I got the Avast Marine ATO, but am waiting on some custom parts to be made before I can install it.

I really cannot wait to get rid of this damn AIO.

Spartanman22

Came home to a large box on my porch. My mom knocked it out of the park this year with the Christmas gift! This will go nicely on my new setup. Seapora is made by JNS, and they appear to be a newer line by them.

madjoe

Premium member
I’m in Rio Rancho for the week and just got a call from my wife that the ATO float got stock open again. I don’t know why this float keeps sticking. Every time I mess around with it it moves very smoothly.

I was smarter this time as I only filled up the ATO with about 2-3 gallons. But day 1 of my trip and the ATO is already offline . I got the Avast Marine ATO, but am waiting on some custom parts to be made before I can install it.

I really cannot wait to get rid of this damn AIO.

How is the float switch being held in the tank any magnets near it ?

Spartanman22

How is the float switch being held in the tank any magnets near it ?
It’s the tunze osmolator float setup. It’s being replaced with the avast Marine ATO. I can’t make the switch though until a custom part comes in. My third chamber is filled to the brim with LR rubble. Somewhere under the rubble is the magnet holding the tunze ATO. I have a custom caddy basket that will hold two Marine pure blocks coming in next week. Once I empty that chamber I’ll have room for the avast foot magnet.

In the interim I’ve only been filling my ATO container with 1-2 gallons. Enough to only last a couple days and not do any serious damage if the float gets stuck.

Spartanman22

Making slow progress in the upgrade. Picking up the tank next weekend while in Michigan for work. Dimensions are 38x20x18”. My boss and I are going to put together a steel stand once I have the tank in hand.

Ordered a Fiji Cube 600 gph overflow, looks real nice and a great price. Got the calcium reactor for Christmas, have a Somatic 60s for skimming.

Once the stand is built I’ll start thinking about sumps. Really like the Fiji Cube sumps. The only thing holding me back from them is that they are white and blue and my skimmer is black and red. Silly but the ocd tends to make me crazy with stuff like this!

Spartanman22

Well since I unfortunately have to spend my New Years in Detroit for work I spoiled myself and acquired two more pieces for my upgrade build: Vectra S1 and a Skimz MRB127

Spartanman22

Took a pre-trip photo. Hopefully it’s looking just as good when I get back!

Spartanman22

Tank is looking great! I’d love to see this with clean glass in the back, but I know that’s not everyone’s preference.
I would too! The back glass is like textured acrylic. So the scraper doesn’t work too great and is too much of a hassle. I prefer an unpainted open back. My upgrade will be that way.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I would too! The back glass is like textured acrylic. So the scraper doesn’t work too great and is too much of a hassle. I prefer an unpainted open back. My upgrade will be that way.

Your tank is looking totally dope with all of those colonies with that scape with or without coralline.

Spartanman22

Your tank is looking totally dope with all of those colonies with that scape with or without coralline.
Thanks I really appreciate the compliments! It’s finally getting to a happy place. I’ve stopped tinkering with things and just left it be.

Got back from Detroit after 1.5 weeks and the tanks looking great. Pretty happy with how stable it has been as of late.