Spartanman22's Fluval M90

lolgranny

Always nice coming home from vacation and seeing everything happy!

Keep up the good work, things look super happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanman22

I had Matt from Octoaquatics make me a custom marinepure block holder for the third filtration compartment. I’m very happy with the way it came out.

Noticed the BC premoberry was growing into a few other pieces. Looking like I’m going to have do some fragging this weekend.

Spartanman22

Wow your tank is looking great. Very clean look
Thanks! It’s really coming along and is at a point where I think I can sit back and just enjoy. So I guess it’s time to focus my attention on the upgrade process.

Spartanman22

Anyone know of a local steel stand builder? I have a co-worker who is a welder. So we could go at it ourselves, but figured I’d see if anyone knew of anyone who has some more experience with tank stand manufacturing.

Spartanman22

Made a minor adjustment to the light hanger this weekend. Really wraps it all together I think.

Mjl714

I know Steve (Reefplus, N Aurora) sometime ago started an iron working company, I think he calls it Ironfish, perhaps he can help.

Anyone know of a local steel stand builder? I have a co-worker who is a welder. So we could go at it ourselves, but figured I’d see if anyone knew of anyone who has some more experience with tank stand manufacturing.

Spartanman22

At some point I’ll make a new thread for this but spent some time working on my upgrade last night. Picked the tank up from Ohio when I was in Detroit for work. Tank had a sizeable chip in the corner of the front pane. So I removed the pane and am having a replacement made. Tank was gotten for practically nothing, and replacement glass was $70.

Spartanman22

This was my fear when adding an rbta. Within 1 month it split and went walking. I know have two traipsing around my tank. This guy posted up right under the WD colony.

Spartanman22

Have FUN!!!

No more nems for me in tanks with sticks.
Ya I should have know better. I had a blue gig that I loved, but after he walked into a vortech and didn’t recover my clowns stopped laying eggs. So I thought a small anemone would get them back to laying eggs, which it did. But within a month of having it it split and started cruising my tank.

Spartanman22

Thinking of this as an open concept stand for my new 36x19x16” 45 gallon tank. Anyone see any issues with this? It says rated for 800 lbs, which should be plenty.

Also managed to snag a RLSS DB-5i last night, which I’m pretty pumped about. Always been a fan of these and the 5i’s are hard to come by.

Spartanman22

Took a trip to Beyond the Reef today, and I must say I was pretty unimpressed. I went there to look at the SR Aquaristik sumps since they stock them. I have been considering them for my build (also not impressed).

Rarely do I go to an LFS and leave without buying something. There coral selection was sad, and I also went because of a flyer that said 30% off all Neptune stock but they didn’t have any Neptune stock.

I remember this place being fairly decent in the past. Fortunately Aquapros is close! I still have to get out to the new shop in the Naperville/Plainfield area.

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
Took a trip to Beyond the Reef today, and I must say I was pretty unimpressed. I went there to look at the SR Aquaristik sumps since they stock them. I have been considering them for my build (also not impressed).

Rarely do I go to an LFS and leave without buying something. There coral selection was sad, and I also went because of a flyer that said 30% off all Neptune stock but they didn’t have any Neptune stock.

I remember this place being fairly decent in the past. Fortunately Aquapros is close! I still have to get out to the new shop in the Naperville/Plainfield area.

The Seville stand will have no problems supporting the weight of a tank.

I can’t speak for SR line of sumps because I prefer to design and have my own built. That being said the SR Rimless tanks are amazing. All glass edges even, caulk lines are second to none, and looking thru the edge of the glass you can see straight thru with great polish work. Also drillable, non tempered.

Last edited: