Why do you think Trump will be a good POTUS?

ultimatemj

Yea, I started it, but I'll also lead out with, I'm independent and struggling to understand why people think Trump will be "good"...so I figure I'd avoid Facebook and see what Reefers think.

Did I like HRC? Nope. For me it came down to Bernie, Kasich, and Trump.

Once I looked into Trump, it didn't take long to figure out he has *zero* experience in governing...and "running a business" doesn't count, it's not even close to the same. Hell, what job can be done well, or can you even be hired for "with NO experience"? Add on top of that a ridiculous budget/tax plan and he's a pompous ass...not what I wanted in a POTUS.

Kasich is reasonable, and experienced candidate...until until religion comes into play...he's a "born again" and shown he can't separate church and state. Believe what you want to believe, just don't put it on me.

Bernie is "way left", but the only candidate that has experience and stayed ON the issues directly impacting the majority of the people of the nation.

And then there is Hillary...well, I had to respect her experience...arguably the most qualified person to ever run for POTUS....wait...is that the answer....Trump is not HRC? F the establishment?

Hoping not, because for all the reasons "not to like HRC" she is/was qualified and voting for one person because they are not someone else is a sad reason to vote FOR someone for POTUS :(

Reminds me of a Libertarian friend's cartoon/meme
View attachment 19086

That brings me back to the begining...maybe I'm missing it...why might Trump be a good POTUS?

Well that will either a "tree fell in the woods" or make this lounge a bit more interesting :)

Maybe I go ahead and post a coral pic too?

WWC Kabom: rainbow chalice with red, pink, purple, blue-ish, & blue....just like folks politics LOL
View attachment 19085

madjoe

Premium member
No point to debate this really if u even had to ask this question u wouldnt understand why people like me support him and to waste time arguing why makes no sense since he won and weather u like it or not he is now your prez. I do get a laugh out of the protesters that r crying and beating people and smashing cars and yet they say trump has anger issues the best part is out of the 116 arrested protesters in one state only 20 actually voted so wtf r u protesting dumb azzez

carpetreef75

Premium member
I voted TRUMP and so did everyone of my friends and family and dayum proud of it ... All my trucks and trailers have trump flags and banners on them since the beginning . give the guy a chance the present POS had 2 terms to screw up everything and give away the farm and the constitution ..He's in no ones pocket and will clean house once he transitions and Obummer heads to Hawaii and lives happily ever after on our pissed away tax dollars .

ultimatemj

No debate here, nor sour grapes, just looking for reasons you think he'll be a good potus~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpetreef75

Premium member
Bernie u say LMAO .......It seems to me that all the "protests" you are seeing now have very little to do with "fear and uncertainty" and really boil down to a loss of "free stuff for me". The fear they quote is a direct feed from the media, not themselves. They were counting on free college and the continuation of all the 'programs" that have been created or expanded in the last eight years.
Now the reality of perhaps having to EARN an education and then a living is smacking them directly in the face.
Let's hope they will eventually accept reality and choose to be productive citizens in the future.
Bryan

ultimatemj

Still waiting to hear something you believe Trump will do that makes him a good POTUS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpetreef75

Premium member
Still waiting to hear something you believe Trump will do that makes him a good POTUS...

a few to start

# 1 Obummercare goes out the window
#2 the Illegals that count on us that go to work everyday to pay for there LINK cards, there low income housing, there kids get free books in school, the free phones they will start boarding buses & get dropped back off at the border.
# 3 term limits and clean out congress looks like a friggin nursing home and were paying them all BIG bucks for life ..
Bryan

RicoReef

Because he's pro NRA ? Only thing i can think of even though I didn't vote for no one

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ultimatemj

a few to start

# 1 Obummercare goes out the window
#2 the Illegals that count on us that go to work everyday to pay for there LINK cards, there low income housing, there kids get free books in school, the free phones they will start boarding buses & get dropped back off at the border.
# 3 term limits and clean out congress looks like a friggin nursing home and were paying them all BIG bucks for life ..
Bryan
Obummer? really?

Not looking for debate here, seriously....civil discourse is cool...ultimately I'm look for something tangible that we should expect Trump will actually "make better". Obummer and those damn moochers is not helpful...

1) Trump turns ACA into what, and how is it better?
2) What impact does Trump deporting "illegals" is have quantitatively? Fed? State? Anything or just principle?
3) How will Trump achieve term limits? And as much as it sounds appealing, doesn't that just make life time benefits apply to more and more Congress people? And don't you want people in those jobs to have experience? Do we define prerequisite qualifications, or just keep on with "popular vote" approach?

ultimatemj

Did you have trouble acquiring those nice looking firearms during the last POTUS?
What is "new good" comes from Trump being "Pro NRA"?

jrpark22000

Premium member
what TV actor ever let's their real person show through during their biggest performance?

No one has a clue what trump will do. Stop guessing and wait to see. Why waste time worrying, hoping, or fearing? He's so far out there no one knows what the next step is, therefore how can you predict his actions to either counter or support what he'll do?

ultimatemj

Saying "No one has a clue what trump will do." does not make anyone feel good about his leadership. POTUS is not a "class president" popularity contest.

I'm not looking to antagonize people...only point of this "lounge thread" is simply to try and discuss/understand what we/his voters expect he will *actually* DO that make things better.

Comes from being tired of the left and right parroted talking points...if we can't talk about what we specifically expect our government to do, we are in deep caca.

goatous

I always get a kick out of the "the Dems are coming fer yer guns" ploy and watch gun sales go through the roof.
No matter how many times they do it, it always works. I thought that after 30 years with the exact same marketing ploy people would wise up, but that assumption is wrong.
Even though it's in the constitution, people always fall for it.
I'm a gun owner and have nothing against guns and it's simply amazing how many times the exact same gimmick has worked! Marketing level 1000.

ultimatemj

Comment about gun buying reactions "not helping" the intent of thread...

Why do any of us think Trump will be a good POTUS? Specifically...

I always get a kick out of the "the Dems are coming fer yer guns" ploy and watch gun sales go through the roof.
No matter how many times they do it, it always works. I thought that after 30 years with the exact same marketing ploy people would wise up, but that assumption is wrong.
Even though it's in the constitution, people always fall for it.
I'm a gun owner and have nothing against guns and it's simply amazing how many times the exact same gimmick has worked! Marketing level 1000.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Bernie u say LMAO .......It seems to me that all the "protests" you are seeing now have very little to do with "fear and uncertainty" and really boil down to a loss of "free stuff for me". The fear they quote is a direct feed from the media, not themselves. They were counting on free college and the continuation of all the 'programs" that have been created or expanded in the last eight years.
Now the reality of perhaps having to EARN an education and then a living is smacking them directly in the face.
Let's hope they will eventually accept reality and choose to be productive citizens in the future.
Bryan
Your issue is free college? My family was fairly poor and I went to college on the government's dime (plus loans I've been paying off for 15 years)......I probably now pay four times the income tax of the average US citizen and I've paid back the amount of money the government gave me multiple times now. Not everyone is a goddamn freeloader.

Really, EARN an education? How do you do that? If you don't have an opportunity to get one, you can't "earn one".

I thought this forum was a place where politics wouldn't be discussed. Anybody want to talk religion while we're at it? I'm sure we've all got some divisive thoughts we could spew about that too?

ultimatemj

I raised this topic in the lounge to legitimately learn what Trump voters expect/believe he will do to be a good POTUS.

Please try not react arguementatively...even if you view the post/response as "inflammatory"...civil discourse is the target.

RicoReef

Did you have trouble acquiring those nice looking firearms during the last POTUS?
What is "new good" comes from Trump being "Pro NRA"?
well get to keep this which is very important thats my take on it but we all have our opinions and are all respected

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
what TV actor ever let's their real person show through during their biggest performance?

No one has a clue what trump will do. Stop guessing and wait to see. Why waste time worrying, hoping, or fearing? He's so far out there no one knows what the next step is, therefore how can you predict his actions to either counter or support what he'll do?
So true and probably why he won .

carpetreef75

Premium member
Trump won so live with it..Time to respect us functional people going to work with families not bunch of dirt bags living off the system blocking up NYC , & chi town and other cities because they may not be able to stay home getting drunk & doing drugs.
Frame this one and hang it over your headboard ..GO TRUMP !!!!!!!!!!!
Bryan