Why do you think Trump will be a good POTUS?

jrwoltman

I like that he is supported by David Duke and the Klan.
I like that he scopes out ten year old girls and says, "I will be dating her in 10 years."
I like how he cheats contractors out of what he owes them and then wears them down until they desperately take pennies on the dollar.
I like how he thinks Mexican immigrants are "rapists" and "murderers".
I like how he thinks "Muslims should have to register in a database."
I like how much he respects women.
I like how he says, "China invented global warming."
I like how he is a faithful husband.
Murika...

jrpark22000

Premium member
The inability to have civil discourse is, in my opinion, what is at the root of our challenges.

As an Independent, I was attempting to put aside any form of "us and them" and see what could be "we"...with focus on the upcoming 4yr term..

There has only been 1 participant (so far) that has been "hot and uncivil"...but if the Lounge can't handle civil discourse, I'll drop it.

Feel free to close it~
How many times have you had to ask to simmer down, act civil or other similar comments in the entirety of this thread so far?
Satisfied this topic is just a shit show at this point?

ejwan

It way to early to form an opinion, history will tell. You cant believe anything that comes out of the media. All they write/say is click bait with little regard for fact. I suspect the Republicans will put a leash on him pretty fast. A lot of them will want to get re-elected in a couple of years.
I'm over 70 and have seen some real turkeys get elected. The country survived them, we will survive this guy.
I've learned to stay away from religious and political discussions, I probably should have missed this one.

Well that's my 2 cents.

Last edited:

madjoe

Premium member
I like that he's a business man and can bring that perspective. I like that he shows allegiance to nearly no one. I like that he's shaken things up a bit. I like that he's changed the perception of the GOP from being just for rich people to cater more toward a middle class person. I like that he is already reneging on some of his promises that I am opposed to and appears to already be more centered than he portrayed. I'm hopeful that since he doesn't seem to be loyal to either party, he can bring/force them together a little better than in the past. I like that he won't be a rubber stamp for either party.

Needless to say, I'm skeptical and it's all talk so far, but I'm hoping for the best.

How'd I do?
Think that says it all considering u didnt seem like a supporter i think he hasnt even moved in yet and is makeing some good decisions even with picking his team hell most of them dont even like him but now they do he may not be a politician but he ain't dumb . I was a fan of him from the start considering all the crap he said that was just funny as hell alot of it made sense and if he can act on half of his promises he will be good the whole immigration thing people r freakin about wtf is the difference they illegal now they always been illegal if they got caught they were suposse to be deported but never were its always been up to the state to enforce the law and chicago mayor already said he wont its a safe haven. The only thing that may change is the number of them coming in which imo is a very good thing because until he or somebody figures out how to bring back more jobs we dont need more poeple. Technology is replacing jobs every day and as technology gets better and better jobs r gonna get less and less unless sombody does something about it he speaks what most think he ask questions that most wont dare will he be good who knows but it was worth the roll of the dice. People r made cause he talks bout women like he does what man doesnt hell bill clinton shoved cigars in there you know whats and then smoked em as he got head under ther desk yet she kept him around so why dont we all breath and wait til he even moves in and see what he actually does

ReeferRick

Yea, I started it, but I'll also lead out with, I'm independent and struggling to understand why people think Trump will be "good"...so I figure I'd avoid Facebook and see what Reefers think.

Did I like HRC? Nope. For me it came down to Bernie, Kasich, and Trump.

Once I looked into Trump, it didn't take long to figure out he has *zero* experience in governing...and "running a business" doesn't count, it's not even close to the same. Hell, what job can be done well, or can you even be hired for "with NO experience"? Add on top of that a ridiculous budget/tax plan and he's a pompous ass...not what I wanted in a POTUS.

Kasich is reasonable, and experienced candidate...until until religion comes into play...he's a "born again" and shown he can't separate church and state. Believe what you want to believe, just don't put it on me.

Bernie is "way left", but the only candidate that has experience and stayed ON the issues directly impacting the majority of the people of the nation.

And then there is Hillary...well, I had to respect her experience...arguably the most qualified person to ever run for POTUS....wait...is that the answer....Trump is not HRC? F the establishment?

Hoping not, because for all the reasons "not to like HRC" she is/was qualified and voting for one person because they are not someone else is a sad reason to vote FOR someone for POTUS :(

Reminds me of a Libertarian friend's cartoon/meme
View attachment 19086

That brings me back to the begining...maybe I'm missing it...why might Trump be a good POTUS?

Well that will either a "tree fell in the woods" or make this lounge a bit more interesting :)

Maybe I go ahead and post a coral pic too?

WWC Kabom: rainbow chalice with red, pink, purple, blue-ish, & blue....just like folks politics LOL
View attachment 19085
To alot of people its easier to list reasons why he would make a bad president to the USA than a great one.Because ive seen very few good thought-filled opinions on why they think trump will help them (based on facebook posts and other public forums where the common man meets)

*no exp for job
*badmouthing anyone and everyone in the name of America

Those seem to be the 2 biggest flaws he has.

Hilary has better credentials and on paper qualifies over Trump but in reality neither candidate was impressive.

I think the reason the average person went out and voted for trump is that they liked the idea of someone so brash and outspoken representing them and the interests of the American people.Someone to set the boot down and not back down.Rather than seeing a bully,the hope is that he turns into leader unafraid to say things even if they are controversial.Alot of people are afraid to say whats really on their minds.One of the unfortunate things is HOW he alienated millions of people in the process with his choice of words and remarks.But thats why his supporters chose him, with hopes that this transfers over to his decision making in Washington.Fearless and without external interests blinding his view or decisions.Someone to say what cant be said and do what is not(typical) but doest it anyway to move forward.

IMO many people who voted for him were duped into thinking that there will be a great wall and it will not come out of taxpayer pockets and all of americas problems will be solved with said wall.

Liberals would be crushed and quieted.

Millions of deportations overnight .

Obamacare destroyed
.......to name a few.

But to be fair many candidates use these tactics and use the ol switcharoo.reality will show its head and show people that Trump said what he needed to say to win your vote and get HIS chance to play the part.As per his recent interview,you can tell how his stance has dropped to a more believable level.I dont think fear should be the response to him sitting ontop of washington,nor anger.Come Jan he will be the new prez and has 4 years to learn what he has never tried....to Run a democracy.Honestly he is one man and he wont do as he pleases.This is not his company or business this is again...a Democracy. my hope is that he can bring all Americans together at some point of his presidency.But if he doesnt,best believe voting comes again and him and his team will not return and hell go back to being a happy billionaire.Thats just the way it works.
People can riot or peacefully protest but thats just how it works.

I did not vote trump nor hillary ,but if I had to sum up the basic reasons the commoner picked reality tv sensation and real estate entreprenuer Donal Trump as Commander in Chief,those would be it.

These are simply my opinions.

Last edited:

taylor t

It way to early to form an opinion, history will tell. You cant believe anything that comes out of the media. All they write/say is click bait with little regard for fact. I suspect the Republicans will put a leash on him pretty fast. A lot of them will want to get re-elected in a couple of years.
I'm over 70 and have seen some real turkeys get elected. The country survived them, we will survive this guy.
I've learned to stay away from religious and political discussions, I probably should have missed this one.

Well that's my 2 cents.
Ejwan:
You're one smart feller. Most of the public eats mainstream media and believes it, which I believe are fart smellers, not smart fellers. Education on politics is complicated, time consuming, and a large number of people get wrong-takes time and effort-we all run short on. No one will walk away from this silly thread changed, or educating anyone no matter how hard you try, WAY too much information to tackle to provide intelligent insight.

Everyone else, including me:
Instead of a forum, try educating yourself with your information source. Mainstream media is a propaganda tool, ALL of them. Follow the money, look at the history. Look at their accuracy. You can learn a lot, over time, from sites like info wars, breitbart, drudge report, project veritas to name a few. It takes time and effort to filter and educate.

I voted Trump. There is PROOF there is a LARGE GROUP OF PEOPLE running our country committing treason, theft, murder to only name a couple, and ALL should be in prison, or as the constitution states should happen, death. Education, accurate truth, and time is the largest hurdle to public opinion. Won't happen. Too much to mention, but just understanding HOW the voting system alone works, is intended to work, and does work, to truly understand this alone, will take a lot of research of facts, history, time, etc.

People parish for lack of knowledge. Not my words, but truth.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Ejwan:
You're one smart feller. Most of the public eats mainstream media and believes it, which I believe are fart smellers, not smart fellers. Education on politics is complicated, time consuming, and a large number of people get wrong-takes time and effort-we all run short on. No one will walk away from this silly thread changed, or educating anyone no matter how hard you try, WAY too much information to tackle to provide intelligent insight.

Everyone else, including me:
Instead of a forum, try educating yourself with your information source. Mainstream media is a propaganda tool, ALL of them. Follow the money, look at the history. Look at their accuracy. You can learn a lot, over time, from sites like info wars, breitbart, drudge report, project veritas to name a few. It takes time and effort to filter and educate.

I voted Trump. There is PROOF there is a LARGE GROUP OF PEOPLE running our country committing treason, theft, murder to only name a couple, and ALL should be in prison, or as the constitution states should happen, death. Education, accurate truth, and time is the largest hurdle to public opinion. Won't happen. Too much to mention, but just understanding HOW the voting system alone works, is intended to work, and does work, to truly understand this alone, will take a lot of research of facts, history, time, etc.

People parish for lack of knowledge. Not my words, but truth.
Wait, you're advocating educating yourself with non-propaganda sources and in the same paragraph suggest Breitbart and Drudge? That's the equivalent of someone with opposite political views as you recommending that you should read Huffington Post for some unbiased reading.

People also perish for obtaining false knowledge or filling their heads with the information that feels good to them (self-fulfilling prophecy) rather than the actual truth.

taylor t

Wait, you're advocating educating yourself with non-propaganda sources and in the same paragraph suggest Breitbart and Drudge? That's the equivalent of someone with opposite political views as you recommending that you should read Huffington Post for some unbiased reading.

People also perish for obtaining false knowledge or filling their heads with the information that feels good to them (self-fulfilling prophecy) rather than the actual truth.
Yup. It takes time, research, and effort. Try it. Look at the facts. No one is faultless, but there's clearly a better choice one over the other, when educated.
Most people have little to no education on history, accurate history. Like I said, YOU (and me) need to do our own research, AND filter. Take a look at the info, research, check accuracy. I'm talking decades back too. Your eyes may open, maybe not. Takes time and info, neither can be successfully be given by anyone in this context.

I think the only thing that we can conclude from this thread is that people who stayed out of this thread have the best temperament and judgement. Let's get back to reefing...

chewal

Premium member
I think the only thing that we can conclude from this thread is that people who stayed out of this thread have the best temperament and judgement. Let's get back to reefing...
Whats the best way to cure ick in a reef tank??? lol

madjoe

Premium member
So that excludes u welcome to the club . I been on here long enough and met everyone for the most part none of there responses surprise me and none change my mind about them i love the crazy people and deal with the normal people

So that excludes u welcome to the club . I been on here long enough and met everyone for the most part none of there responses surprise me and none change my mind about them i love the crazy people and deal with the normal people
Yes I've accepted long ago that I don't have good temperament or judgement. Can I change my ID to crazykevin?

carpetreef75

Premium member
Think that says it all considering u didnt seem like a supporter i think he hasnt even moved in yet and is makeing some good decisions even with picking his team hell most of them dont even like him but now they do he may not be a politician but he ain't dumb . I was a fan of him from the start considering all the crap he said that was just funny as hell alot of it made sense and if he can act on half of his promises he will be good the whole immigration thing people r freakin about wtf is the difference they illegal now they always been illegal if they got caught they were suposse to be deported but never were its always been up to the state to enforce the law and chicago mayor already said he wont its a safe haven. The only thing that may change is the number of them coming in which imo is a very good thing because until he or somebody figures out how to bring back more jobs we dont need more poeple. Technology is replacing jobs every day and as technology gets better and better jobs r gonna get less and less unless sombody does something about it he speaks what most think he ask questions that most wont dare will he be good who knows but it was worth the roll of the dice. People r made cause he talks bout women like he does what man doesnt hell bill clinton shoved cigars in there you know whats and then smoked em as he got head under ther desk yet she kept him around so why dont we all breath and wait til he even moves in and see what he actually does
WINNER WINNER ...POST OF THE YEAR
Bryan

Crued

I'm so disappointed I missed this thread and it will probably now die before I got to earn a gaggle of haters.

The problem is people are putting the president on a pedestal. The position is just a position in a government. People seem to want someone who will read stories to children, adopt disadvantaged puppies, suck up to every racial, sexual, and wanting to be dolphins group, and then give them free money and go beat enemies abroad oh and while making friends with every country at the same time. Americans are just f'ing weak and need to put on their big boy pants and get some work done. Of the two choices, the right guy got the job for us to have a chance to get shit done. If you don't like the outcome, shut up, get to work and vote otherwise in 4 years.

vucious

I'm so disappointed I missed this thread and it will probably now die before I got to earn a gaggle of haters.

The problem is people are putting the president on a pedestal. The position is just a position in a government. People seem to want someone who will read stories to children, adopt disadvantaged puppies, suck up to every racial, sexual, and wanting to be dolphins group, and then give them free money and go beat enemies abroad oh and while making friends with every country at the same time. Americans are just f'ing weak and need to put on their big boy pants and get some work done. Of the two choices, the right guy got the job for us to have a chance to get shit done. If you don't like the outcome, shut up, get to work and vote otherwise in 4 years.
Nobody is expecting Mother Theresa as the President. We just want a decent human being which we clearly did not get this election.

Crued

Nobody is expecting Mother Theresa as the President. We just want a decent human being which we clearly did not get this election.
Was Hilary this decent human being you seek? I think we're better off with the guy that makes no apologies for his shortcomings than the wolf in sheep's clothing.