Why do you think Trump will be a good POTUS?

madjoe

Premium member
Your issue is free college? My family was fairly poor and I went to college on the government's dime (plus loans I've been paying off for 15 years)......I probably now pay four times the income tax of the average US citizen and I've paid back the amount of money the government gave me multiple times now. Not everyone is a goddamn freeloader.

Really, EARN an education? How do you do that? If you don't have an opportunity to get one, you can't "earn one".

I thought this forum was a place where politics wouldn't be discussed. Anybody want to talk religion while we're at it? I'm sure we've all got some divisive thoughts we could spew about that too?
I think u should protest lol . Absolutely right though i dont think politics or religion should ever be discussed amongst friends . Both start wars im gonna feel what i feel and your gonna feel what u feel and were all good until u tell me how u feel and i tell u how i feel then its on like donkey kong probably be best to shut thread down and cool people off after all dosent matter what people think he is prez and we all have to wait to see what he does in the end he maybe the best one we ever had or the worst one we ever had only time will tell . ( mic drop ) walk away lol

carpetreef75

Premium member
Your issue is free college? My family was fairly poor and I went to college on the government's dime (plus loans I've been paying off for 15 years)......I probably now pay four times the income tax of the average US citizen and I've paid back the amount of money the government gave me multiple times now. Not everyone is a goddamn freeloader.

Really, EARN an education? How do you do that? If you don't have an opportunity to get one, you can't "earn one".

I thought this forum was a place where politics wouldn't be discussed. Anybody want to talk religion while we're at it? I'm sure we've all got some divisive thoughts we could spew about that too?
HUGE difference between student loans to go to school & get an education and have to pay the money back and then theres FREE schooling for everyone that Bernie / Hilda beast was promising .
Bryan

ultimatemj

Hi RicoReef,

Best I could tell the Dems were only targeting enforcement of the existing laws...what about the guns you own do you think made them "at risk" if Trump didn't win?

Thanks,
M.J.

well get to keep this which is very important thats my take on it but we all have our opinions and are all respected

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

carpetreef75

Premium member
People are laughing today because Trump won . . . four years will go by before you know it.

I think that it will take somebody like Trump to make real change as he has not been paid off by Wall Street, Big Banks, the Middle East, etc. etc. I am hoping that he will pave the way for somebody less controversial like a Condoleeza Rice (I wonder if the libs would like a black female?). I hope that they will see that they they were used by a candidate just buying votes. C'mon, how can you be for gay rights and womens rights when your foundation takes millions from countries that condone treating these folks as dirt (of course it is about the money)?

I am hoping that the proof will be in the execution of policy and the results that come with it. I hope that they see the claims of racism and what not were just a ploy to get votes.

I am hoping that in the next 4 years this wave of college students that have really known nothing but Obama actually get out in the world and get jobs. I hope they see jobs returning to the US so that they see a path to a prosperous career.

I hope that they see a time where both the Mexican leader and our "friends" to the north actually come to us wanting to renegotiate NAFTA because they know that we are now going to use our power to our benefit (actually, cross that one off because it happened yesterday). It could be that many that voted the other way this time could be supporters next time around.
Bryan

ultimatemj

Trump won so live with it..Time to respect us functional people going to work with families not bunch of dirt bags living off the system blocking up NYC , & chi town and other cities because they may not be able to stay home getting drunk & doing drugs.
Frame this one and hang it over your headboard ..GO TRUMP !!!!!!!!!!!
Bryan
Why the hostility? Am I doing/asking anything "disrespectful"? I'm not a "dirtbag living off the system" or "blocking up cities"....I'm an independent that is looking to understand why you think Trump will be a good POTUS.

So, still interested in hearing anything specific about your reasons...if you are willing to participate civil discourse.
# 1 Obummercare goes out the window
#2 the Illegals that count on us that go to work everyday to pay for there LINK cards, there low income housing, there kids get free books in school, the free phones they will start boarding buses & get dropped back off at the border.
# 3 term limits and clean out congress looks like a friggin nursing home and were paying them all BIG bucks for life ..
Bryan
1) Trump turns ACA into what, and how is it better?
2) What impact does Trump deporting "illegals" have quantitatively? Fed? State? Anything or just principle?
3) How will Trump achieve term limits? And as much as it sounds appealing, doesn't that just make life time benefits apply to more and more Congress people? And don't you want people in those jobs to have experience? Do we define prerequisite qualifications, or just keep on with "popular vote" approach?

Last edited:

ultimatemj

Looks like we were typing at the same time...

You brought some additional topics...
I think that it will take somebody like Trump to make real change as he has not been paid off by Wall Street, Big Banks, the Middle East, etc. etc.

I am hoping that he will pave the way for somebody less controversial like a Condoleeza Rice (I wonder if the libs would like a black female?). I hope that they will see that they they were used by a candidate just buying votes. C'mon, how can you be for gay rights and womens rights when your foundation takes millions from countries that condone treating these folks as dirt (of course it is about the money)?

I am hoping that the proof will be in the execution of policy and the results that come with it. I hope that they see the claims of racism and what not were just a ploy to get votes.

I am hoping that in the next 4 years this wave of college students that have really known nothing but Obama actually get out in the world and get jobs. I hope they see jobs returning to the US so that they see a path to a prosperous career.

I hope that they see a time where both the Mexican leader and our "friends" to the north actually come to us wanting to renegotiate NAFTA because they know that we are now going to use our power to our benefit (actually, cross that one off because it happened yesterday). It could be that many that voted the other way this time could be supporters next time around.
Bryan
>Fairly sure you we will find out Trump has just as many financial "conflict of interest". Simple example, changing the corporate tax rates will put money directly in his pocket. And the folks Trump appears to be giving cabinet positions don't seem exactly clean on this topic Giuliani: http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/02/23/rudy_giuliani_loves_america_except_when_hes_consulting_for_qatar/

>What role are you hoping Condoleeza Rice will change her position on to take? Condoleeza's Oct 8th FB post

>What policy are you hoping Trump will execute and what results? Looking for specifics please.

>The next 4 years of college students would get out into the world and look for jobs regardless of Trump, no?

>What jobs do you expect will "return" because of Trump?

>There is a clause in NAFTA that allows for all parties the option to renegotiate....what changes are you hoping for that Trump is an advocate?

Hoping this is not viewed as "antagonistic", I really am trying to understand anything tangible you believe will make Trump a good POTUS.

Thanks.

carpetreef75

Premium member
For the slow one Prez Obummer has given away the farm the last 8 years and it will take someone that cant be bought and runs the govt like a business and closes the door that all the free stuff is going out to including 10s of millions to other countries .. where were all these countries we've given aid to after 911 when we were in a serious crisis ? wait till after the transition and he starts kicking azz and taking names the Trump train is playing it cool right now . wheres all these hollywierd bigshots that were packing there bags and moving to Canada if Trump won ?? news flash pack your bags SEE YA
Bryan

ultimatemj

Still no answers to prior questions and no new details...but a new insult "the slow one"?

So much for civil discourse :(

For the slow one Prez Obummer has given away the farm the last 8 years and it will take someone that cant be bought and runs the govt like a business and closes the door that all the free stuff is going out to including 10s of millions to other countries .. where were all these countries we've given aid to after 911 when we were in a serious crisis ? wait till after the transition and he starts kicking azz and taking names the Trump train is playing it cool right now . wheres all these hollywierd bigshots that were packing there bags and moving to Canada if Trump won ?? news flash pack your bags SEE YA
Bryan

jrpark22000

Premium member
Why the hostility? Am I doing/asking anything "disrespectful"? I'm not a "dirtbag living off the system" or "blocking up cities"....I'm an independent that is looking to understand why you think Trump will be a good POTUS.
Look at the news. This is a very heated topic with far too many people unable to or unwanting to seperate emotion from logic. Hell even during this heated time, our president chose to make an open statement which will be used by SOME to justify further violence.

Obama's quote from recent days. "I would not advise people who feel strongly or who are concerned about some of the issues that have been raised during the course of the campaign, I wouldn’t advise them to be silent.” You can forget the rest of his quote. This is all that will live in the minds of those already bent on civil unrest.

My point to all of this and my previous comment which flew over your head. This is not a topic that will be discussed civilyin an open air forum such as this.

Saying "No one has a clue what trump will do." does not make anyone feel good about his leadership.
I makes no difference how people feel about the future president, the sun will still come up tomorrow and trump will still be president. It'd be a lot less heartburn on everyone's part to just let it rest and let everyones feeling cool off. Then dscuss logically.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Let's all step back and let this cool off. What we're learning is there are alot of emotions running and they're running this thread.

vucious

ultimatemj,

This too has blown my mind. I've had many discussions with an open mind with some of my friends who voted for Trump and I still do not understand. The only thing we can hope for is that he is all talk and does not actually implement most of the policies he promised just to get votes. So far ...

1) Appeal ACA? Nah, let's just amend it
2) Build that wall? Eh, let's just build a fence instead
3) Drain the swamp? Umm, let's appoint life time politicians, lobbyists, and DC insiders to all the high ranking cabinet positions
4) Gay marriage? Well, that's already settled so let's leave it alone
5) Help the working class? Let's see if this happens ... so far his tax plans only benefit the wealthy. Shocker because he and his friends are rich as balls.

ultimatemj

The inability to have civil discourse is, in my opinion, what is at the root of our challenges.

As an Independent, I was attempting to put aside any form of "us and them" and see what could be "we"...with focus on the upcoming 4yr term..

There has only been 1 participant (so far) that has been "hot and uncivil"...but if the Lounge can't handle civil discourse, I'll drop it.

Feel free to close it~

Let's all step back and let this cool off. What we're learning is there are alot of emotions running and they're running this thread.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
The inability to have civil discourse is, in my opinion, what is at the root of our challenges.

As an Independent, I was attempting to put aside any form of "us and them" and see what could be "we"...with focus on the upcoming 4yr term..

There has only been 1 participant (so far) that has been "hot and uncivil"...but if the Lounge can't handle civil discourse, I'll drop it.

Feel free to close it~
I too voted independent. I didn't like either Trump nor Hillary and to be honest, in IL unless you were voting Trump or an independent your vote was wasted because HRC had the state as Dems usually do.

I'll start by saying that Obama was a good president. Overall you look at what he has done for the economy, jobs, and our foreign relations, he has done well. As for the Affordable Healthcare Act, while I agree with some form of safety net, I did not agree with the implementation of it or the affect it had to working Americans.

The only positive side I can see for a Trump Presidency is:
1) Affordable care act gets amended.
2) National Conceal Carry
3) destabilization of the two party system.

For those of you that believe he will benefit you individually other than what is outlined above, I too would like to hear your perspective.

Where I think the majority of people that voted for him are missing some major warning signs:

1) Trump has appointed career politicians to high level cabinet positions. These include lobbyists which was against a core pillar in his campaign to be anti establishment.
2) Trump's tax plan to provide tax cuts to ALL people has been halved and from what it looks like now (we'll need to see how everything falls out in the upcoming year) it looks as if tax holes remain open for corporate and rich and the tax cuts impacting people making less that 400k a year have been reduced to near nothing. He is playing the standard, tax breaks for corporations and the rich will "filter down" to the poor through more jobs. I personally believe if any one of us received a tax refund, it would stimulate the ecomony (and probably the REEF Tank market haha)
3) The wall... he back tracked. I think having tougher immigration is definitely a good thing. People coming into the US should have marketable skills and should be able to prove they would contribute to society and not be a burden.

I personally think America was played by him. He read the crowd and promised what it would take for a chance of winning. This is of course my opinion.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Still waiting to hear something you believe Trump will do that makes him a good POTUS...

#1 Obummercare goes out the window
#2 the Illegals that count on us that go to work everyday to pay for there LINK cards, there low income housing, there kids get free books in school, the free phones they will start boarding buses & get dropped back off at the border.
He has already stated he would only amend parts of Obamacare now. It'll be interested to see what it ends up like. Potential benefit..

As for #2, Illegals are such a small part of our overall "low income benefits" that tax payers pay for. I know many more American Citizens that are taking advantage of what you mentioned above and being a drain on society, Perhaps Trump will initiate some better requirements for these systems or de-fund them? But to your statement, Illegals are not the cause of the issue here.

ultimatemj

IHaveCrabs, just to be clear those were Carpetreef75/Bryan's statements that I was looking for clarification on...not my statements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chewal

Premium member
I keep seeing people post on how they are terrified, or scared? Well.. what are you scared of exactly? War? Because that's happening. School shootings? Because that's happening. Pipeline? That's been happening. Terrorism? Definitely alive and well. Going broke due to health insurance? Mm yes. Corruption throughout the system? Already there. Police officers being murdered? Yep, that's happening. Bullying? Check. Loss of jobs? We've got that on lock. A tanking economy. Yep. Being discriminated against for your religion, political views, sexual orientation, race? That's been going on. Rape, murder, violence, riots.. all going on and has been.
So tell me, what are you scared of that is not already happening basically everywhere? This isn't a Trump problem, this is a people problem. Y'all need to reevaluate your own selves..
Maybe America is a little too scared and a little too easily offended.
Quit being scared, crying around, offended by everything.. step up and do your part as an American, no, as a damn human being. Treat others with respect, help and encourage one another, raise your kids right, be a contributing member of society. Make sure your hands are clean, that's your job. Burning the American flag? Get out of here with that crap, how about you do your job to make it a better place.
But right now, all I see is hate. It's disturbing, and the ones with the most hate are being exactly what they claim to be against.
this is common sense to me
THESE are my daughters views of the system right now

Mine are very close to the same If we had elected Hillary we would have more of this crap
If we would have elected Bernie Everything would be free but not for the working class
BUT we elected Donald and its time for a change If he can deliver on 25% of his promises we will be a lot better off than we are now
Don't you think that it time to put import taxes on goods coming from overseas Hell we can pay these people 50 cents a hour than you wonder why the jobs are all going to other countries
I am putting 4 kids thru college I don't get any help with the tuition with the democrats we have in office we need to wake up and smell the coffee

maidia

Team CR
I keep seeing people post on how they are terrified, or scared? Well.. what are you scared of exactly? War? Because that's happening. School shootings? Because that's happening. Pipeline? That's been happening. Terrorism? Definitely alive and well. Going broke due to health insurance? Mm yes. Corruption throughout the system? Already there. Police officers being murdered? Yep, that's happening. Bullying? Check. Loss of jobs? We've got that on lock. A tanking economy. Yep. Being discriminated against for your religion, political views, sexual orientation, race? That's been going on. Rape, murder, violence, riots.. all going on and has been.
So tell me, what are you scared of that is not already happening basically everywhere? This isn't a Trump problem, this is a people problem. Y'all need to reevaluate your own selves..
Maybe America is a little too scared and a little too easily offended.
Quit being scared, crying around, offended by everything.. step up and do your part as an American, no, as a damn human being. Treat others with respect, help and encourage one another, raise your kids right, be a contributing member of society. Make sure your hands are clean, that's your job. Burning the American flag? Get out of here with that crap, how about you do your job to make it a better place.
But right now, all I see is hate. It's disturbing, and the ones with the most hate are being exactly what they claim to be against.
this is common sense to me
THESE are my daughters views of the system right now

Mine are very close to the same If we had elected Hillary we would have more of this crap
If we would have elected Bernie Everything would be free but not for the working class
BUT we elected Donald and its time for a change If he can deliver on 25% of his promises we will be a lot better off than we are now
Don't you think that it time to put import taxes on goods coming from overseas Hell we can pay these people 50 cents a hour than you wonder why the jobs are all going to other countries
I am putting 4 kids thru college I don't get any help with the tuition with the democrats we have in office we need to wake up and smell the coffee
Butch, only two post about Trump. My post and this one. I am just joking with MJ about Trump "dont say out loud, because lot of Anti_Trump in Chicago". Just joking, I am scare nothing neither terrified :) because I vote none for both. I hate politic when I were in my country and there were more scare than here in USA. So I say nothing here.

But all didn't answer correctly the question of OP was asking...:)