Why do you think Trump will be a good POTUS?

Trump will be a good president for some. His policies will redistribute wealth in favor of capital providers/allocators at the expense of employed and unemployed. Whether it will ultimately result in overall benefit for everyone, we will have to wait and see. But I am sure the capital providers/allocators will be grabbing bigger share of the economic pie than before. Just being a labor provider in Trump economy is going to leave you behind. You will also have to participate with your capital. And no, he's not going to keep all his campaign promises. And he won't be the first nor the last one to do that. He did what was necessary to get himself elected. Just like any other politician would. He's not all that different.

vucious

"And no, he's not going to keep all his campaign promises. And he won't be the first nor the last one to do that. He did what was necessary to get himself elected. Just like any other politician would."

Lol. But Trump is not a politician. He's an "outsider" who is suppose to shake up Washington and fight for the common man. At least, that's what the average Trump supporter believes. They were conned.

"He's not all that different."

I'd say he's very different since he is a racist, bigot, misogynist, xenophobe, and fraud. Most elected officials are only some of those things, but not all.

"And no, he's not going to keep all his campaign promises. And he won't be the first nor the last one to do that. He did what was necessary to get himself elected. Just like any other politician would."

Lol. But Trump is not a politician. He's an "outsider" who is suppose to shake up Washington and fight for the common man. At least, that's what the average Trump supporter believes. They were conned.

I'd say he's very different since he is a racist, bigot, misogynist, xenophobe, and fraud. Most elected officials are only some of those things, but not all.
Anyone who makes empty promises to get himself elected is a politician. He's like every other politician in that regard. As for Trump being a racist, bigot, misogynist, xenophobe, and a fraud, you are right about that. But can any one of us be completely free from those labels? I don't thinks so. But it is extremely hypocritical to do business using cheap chinese steel with illegal labor and then turn around and say jobs are leaving this country and illegal immigrants are terrible people.

ultimatemj

Guys, simmer down, we are looking for what we think Trump will do that will be perceived by most as 'a good POTUS'.

For 'what we don't like about Trump' or 'what we don't like about liberals' start your own thread ;-p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sawdonkey

Premium member
For the slow one Prez Obummer has given away the farm the last 8 years and it will take someone that cant be bought and runs the govt like a business and closes the door that all the free stuff is going out to including 10s of millions to other countries .. where were all these countries we've given aid to after 911 when we were in a serious crisis ? wait till after the transition and he starts kicking azz and taking names the Trump train is playing it cool right now . wheres all these hollywierd bigshots that were packing there bags and moving to Canada if Trump won ?? news flash pack your bags SEE YA
Bryan
By giving away the farm, do you mean leading one of the longest running economic recoveries our country has ever experienced after a recession (note: the recession was not created on his watch)? Take a look at the DOW charts. Checked the employment rate recently? Do you mean give away the farm to the banks? Yeah, he did that, and they've all paid it back now and there wasn't a total banking meltdown because of it. Are you referring to quantitative easing? Yeah, that was done and money is crazy cheap which has done pretty well for the economy. When most other counties in the world have had a terrible economy, we've been fairly stable throughout "Obummer's" reign.

What did you want from other countries after 9/11? Did you want the British Navy working TSA at our airports? Patrol our streets? Did you want them to contribute 45k troops to Iraq (the war we initiated)? Cuz they did that. Yeah it was a crisis, but not one where we needed foreign help.

And to your comment about student loans being different from free college. I'm fully aware of the difference and i received both. And like I said, because of the Government help, I was able to go to college and because of that, I got a great job where I work my ass off, and because of that, I pay a ton of taxes that hopefully someday allow some kid like me to do the same. Again, not all people that utilize government programs are deadbeat freeloaders. Don't get me wrong, I don't think all college should be free.

And again, I can't believe I'm typing this on this forum, but I can't help myself. There are plenty of places I could discuss politics online, I'd rather my aquarium forum wasn't one of them. But, it's like driving by a car wreck...can't help but take a peek.

ultimatemj

Sawdonkey, please don't stir the pot.

I get you are responding to 'inflammatory, partisan spew'..but don't take the bait. We need honest, free speech, responses about 'why Trump will be a good POTUS'.

Seriously, throwing rocks is easy...positives are a bit more difficult. But it won't happen if we don't try...

ultimatemj

Anyone who makes empty promises to get himself elected is a politician. He's like every other politician in that regard. As for Trump being a racist, bigot, misogynist, xenophobe, and a fraud, you are right about that. But can any one of us be completely free from those labels? I don't thinks so. But it is extremely hypocritical to do business using cheap chinese steel with illegal labor and then turn around and say jobs are leaving this country and illegal immigrants are terrible people.
Same to you as Sawdonkey...what about Trump will make a good POTUS?

ultimatemj

Dude, same to you...start another thread to bash Trump...I started it with 'enough negative'...not what I want in a POTUS..,we need to be open about what people want/expect Trump can/will actually do.

vucious

Dude, same to you...start another thread to bash Trump...I started it with 'enough negative'...not what I want in a POTUS..,we need to be open about what people want/expect Trump can/will actually do.

I'm sorry MJ, I am not able to come up with any scenarios where Trump will be a good POTUS. I can only hope that he will not be as bad as I think he will be.

Anyways, this topic is way too divisive. Let's just agree to move on.

ultimatemj

Sorry you feel that way...'we' doesn't happen without honest and open discourse.

If you feel it divisive, move on...

madjoe

Premium member

I get you are responding to 'inflammatory, partisan spew'..but don't take the bait. We need honest, free speech, responses about 'why Trump will be a good POTUS'.

Seriously, throwing rocks is easy...positives are a bit more difficult. But it won't happen if we don't try...

Ha what did u expect from us we cant even post a help ich thread without everyone disagreeing and bashing each others ways . It has been entertaining though most post we had in months nobody actually post anything reef related now adays anyways

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Same to you as Sawdonkey...what about Trump will make a good POTUS?

I like that he's a business man and can bring that perspective. I like that he shows allegiance to nearly no one. I like that he's shaken things up a bit. I like that he's changed the perception of the GOP from being just for rich people to cater more toward a middle class person. I like that he is already reneging on some of his promises that I am opposed to and appears to already be more centered than he portrayed. I'm hopeful that since he doesn't seem to be loyal to either party, he can bring/force them together a little better than in the past. I like that he won't be a rubber stamp for either party.

Needless to say, I'm skeptical and it's all talk so far, but I'm hoping for the best.

How'd I do?

Sawdonkey

Premium member

Well, when you put a pot on the stove and put a sign next to it that says "please put your diarrhea in here," you're likely to get a pot full of diarrhea.

By the way, no rocks or name calling, just disputing some unfounded talking points.

ultimatemj

On topic! But business skills are not federal politics skills...almost to a liability.

Only real nit to pic is that he actually does have allegiances, and his tax plan puts the most money back in the pockets of the super rich people's pockets.

Still the trying to figure out why any one making less than couple million per year thinks he does anything that helps us.

Mjl714

I like that he's a business man and can bring that perspective. I like that he shows allegiance to nearly no one. I like that he's shaken things up a bit. I like that he's changed the perception of the GOP from being just for rich people to cater more toward a middle class person. I like that he is already reneging on some of his promises that I am opposed to and appears to already be more centered than he portrayed. I'm hopeful that since he doesn't seem to be loyal to either party, he can bring/force them together a little better than in the past. I like that he won't be a rubber stamp for either party.

Needless to say, I'm skeptical and it's all talk so far, but I'm hoping for the best.

How'd I do?
Great, I have many of these same hopes. I'd add a hope for a little fiscal responsibility.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
On topic! But business skills are not federal politics skills...almost to a liability.

Only real nit to pic is that he actually does have allegiances, and his tax plan puts the most money back in the pockets of the super rich people's pockets.

Still the trying to figure out why any one making less than couple million per year thinks he does anything that helps us.

You're showing a slant to you independent status. yes, he has allegiances obviously, but they seem less strong than any recent politician.

ultimatemj

You're showing a slant to you independent status. yes, he has allegiances obviously, but they seem less strong than any recent politician.
I started the thread with some bias about his experience not being 'POTUS' ready...and he might be the first POTUS since 1800 without true governance experience. Even Regan was a governor before becoming POTUS.

ultimatemj

I started the thread with some bias about his experience not being 'POTUS' ready...and he might be the first POTUS since 1800 without true governance experience. Even Regan was a governor before becoming POTUS.