ChicagoReefs.com Official Winter 2011-2012 Paly Grow-Out Contest

1990JPYP

Ok just a little on the late side. Its sunday night @ 11:55 pm so I think i am still withing the rules.

My system:
55g
CPR Protien skimmer
4x54w T5 HO fixture
Dual BRS media reactor with GFO and carbon.
RKL (supplied by CR)
some power heads
2 Clown fish
1 cleaner shrimp
2 emerald crabs.
Very basic corals a couple of softys and some Lobos

1990JPYP

I also Have to say it was great to meet Dre. Probly spent a good 45 min at his house talking with him all about reefs-n-such. Def a great guy. Thanks for prep'in the corals.

FishBeard

I will be looking at all participants for initial check-in tonight after work. If you have not checked in per the rules, you have until tonight to do so! We also have one frag left, first come first serve for a last minute chance at entering the contest, you need to post up by the end of day picking up the frag to be eligible.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
I also Have to say it was great to meet Dre. Probly spent a good 45 min at his house talking with him all about reefs-n-such. Def a great guy. Thanks for prep'in the corals.
Thank you!! It was nice meeting everyone and some of the great gifts I received from members was A Big WOW!!! But nothing better than a good friendship that was made :D

Im glad that I was part of this.. Will do it again for sure...

Good luck to everyone!!

markitekt

Hello, thanks for organizing this contest.

Here's my setup:

120g Clarity Plus Acrylic
2 x 400w 12k MH (PFO HQI)
Vortech MP40w ES and Koralia Evo1400
Iwaki return pump
60g acrylic sump
Super Reef Octopus 3000 skimmer
Carbon reactor
2-part dosing setup
Reefkeeper Lite 3
20g rubbermaid ATO

The Paly polyp was placed about 10" from the water surface.

Good luck everyone
-Mark

FishBeard

And we now have a full 17 confirmed! Thanks to everyone getting in on this, we are pleased to announce the prizes as follows:

Grand Prize: $110 to site sponsor of choice

Second Place: $60 to site sponsor of choice

Best of luck to all! This is going to be an exciting next few months!

BADGUS

I'll upload a pic later today,my zoa is in a 30g cube:

12leds
hob skimmer
k1power head
monthly 5g water changes

thats basically the system.

its 18'' from the leds.

Twitch

Here is the frag I didn't get it till 10:30 lastnight. Tank is a 45 cube with 150w sunpod no skimmer or fuge will post pics and placement after work today

Tethered_Limbs

woke up this mornin to find my polyp came off its plug.... cant find it anywhere. its right above my big bubble coral which im pretty positive ate my polyp :frusty: im the first loser, or course....

Twitch

George should have done a better job gluing these..... Never had a polyp I glued come off with enough glue.