ChicagoReefs.com Official Winter 2011-2012 Paly Grow-Out Contest

Lil BamBam

Premium member
woke up this mornin to find my polyp came off its plug.... cant find it anywhere. its right above my big bubble coral which im pretty positive ate my polyp :frusty: im the first loser, or course....
That sucks!!! You might find it and can be reclued

Did the last entry report his/her paly?

Don't know what happen with the other member. He could have lost the paly also :(

George should have done a better job gluing these..... Never had a polyp I glued come off with enough glue.
LOL!!! You can recake the paly with clue if you like.. Not against the rules posted:D

Tethered_Limbs

That sucks!!! You might find it and can be reclued
im hoping i find it, but i looked all crazy man style this mornin, basting water uner all the rox n stuff. i only got 1 mp 40 in my tank atm, so the only spot were anything settles is the only low enough flow area 4 my 8" X 8" bubble. the polyp was up to the left of the bubble, so im thinkin it just floated right to its doom....

BADGUS

I saw my first baby play last night after lights out!!Yay,this was very exciting for me,i've never been able to keep any type of zoas/palys alive longer than a week.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
I saw my first baby play last night after lights out!!Yay,this was very exciting for me,i've never been able to keep any type of zoas/palys alive longer than a week.
LOL!!! These green speckled palys survived my 45 gal crash... So you should be good with them.. I still have a rock full of them still strong and healthy :D

Twitch

this should be interesting to see how these spread my other palys spread like wild fire.

Also more on the tank.

45g acrylic cube 24x24x18
Salinity? I add water when it starts blowing bubbles....
water changes? whats those...
Sump is a baffled 10g that is just flowing water.....
Skimmer? nope none of that mess.
I honestly have no idea how this tank is sustaining itself........ but the 3 fish ( firefish, pajama cardinal, and a cromis ) are all doing awesome plus all coral is growing like mad.
Sunpod 150w 3 year old bulb halide....
So needless to say if I win this then there is something VERY wrong with this hobby.

m.miller1547

this should be interesting to see how these spread my other palys spread like wild fire.

Also more on the tank.

45g acrylic cube 24x24x18
Salinity? I add water when it starts blowing bubbles....
water changes? whats those...
Sump is a baffled 10g that is just flowing water.....
Skimmer? nope none of that mess.
I honestly have no idea how this tank is sustaining itself........ but the 3 fish ( firefish, pajama cardinal, and a cromis ) are all doing awesome plus all coral is growing like mad.
Sunpod 150w 3 year old bulb halide....
So needless to say if I win this then there is something VERY wrong with this hobby.
Nothing wrong with what your doing. This hobby is very flexible. People reasonably change the husbandry requirement as they like. How old is your tank? Never did a water change? Do u supplement?

JVC

Mine came unglued yesterday, so I re-glued it and placed it out of the way of flow so hopefully it doesn't get blown off again!

FishBeard

Wow, I'm just catching up on this thread to see where everyone is at, and I'm saddened at the rate the polyps are coming free. Honestly we were doing our best when fragging and gluing. All the polyps looked pretty well stuck to their plugs the night we prepared for the contest. I was even giving each a light shake test in the water bowl after gluing them down. They sat in low flow in Dre's tank from the night they were fragged until they were picked up by the participants.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Softies are hard as heck to glue down. Mine is glued in very well. I might have the beginning of a few bumps. Hopefully know for sure in a few days.

salt0727

well i had what looked like a few bumps but now my paly has gone missing. It got unglued and I cant find it :(

BADGUS

Wow,that's bad news,i stopped by mark yesterday and his came loose,lucky to have found it in his 120g tank.It's re-glued and growing under 400W halides,so i expect him to grow lots of palys.