Crabs 155g In-Wall Fish Room Build

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Here is my first stab at organizing my electronics cabinet. The top left will by where the apex brain will sit. Bottom right where my third EB8 will sit.

Since typing this out, I may move an EB8 over to my fish room secondary tank and the EB4 over my water change area for AWC pumps. I'm getting a DOS for Xmas so unsure of where that will go.

The middle section is where the outlets are and will be covered with the Amazon Fire display.

I think more planning is in order. Feedback or ideas anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anarchy

Here is my first stab at organizing my electronics cabinet. The top left will by where the apex brain will sit. Bottom right where my third EB8 will sit.

Since typing this out, I may move an EB8 over to my fish room secondary tank and the EB4 over my water change area for AWC pumps. I'm getting a DOS for Xmas so unsure of where that will go.

The middle section is where the outlets are and will be covered with the Amazon Fire display.

I think more planning is in order. Feedback or ideas anyone?

Love the idea of the board as I did the same thing but I do wish I would've spread out my eb8s. Eventually I'm going to pick up a eb4 and put it by my fuge area

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Love the idea of the board as I did the same thing but I do wish I would've spread out my eb8s. Eventually I'm going to pick up a eb4 and put it by my fuge area

Good to know. I'll make sure not to cram them in!

anarchy

Good to know. I'll make sure not to cram them in!

Yeah I wouldn't do much organizing until you have all the equipment. That way you can see how long power cords are going to reach. My biggest issue was power cords not being long enough and having to put small extension cords for some

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Yeah I wouldn't do much organizing until you have all the equipment. That way you can see how long power cords are going to reach. My biggest issue was power cords not being long enough and having to put small extension cords for some

I started measuring the MP40 cords yesterday.. I knew those would be troublesome although they're 8'

I'll start looking at the return and skimmer too since those may be long runs.

madjoe

Premium member
I ended up having to do a eb8 on each side of tank plus one in canopy just for that reason was able to order 15ft apex cables to connect them all

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Made some progress today on my day off work.

- Stain and poly coated the main tank stand
- Built the structure for my QT/Hospital work station and sealed/painted the MDF top. We'll see how long that holds up for
- Siliconed around the top of the MDF counter.. waiting to cover that with the epoxy paint once it cures.

Now to stain and poly coat the secondary tank stand and other finishing touches.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
You got a pump on your rodi, does it help?
Tremendously on output and quality. My RO membrane was going from 800 tds to 17 tds before the pump at 55psi. Now I'm at 90psi and down to 4 tds before DI stage!

Makes water a lot faster too however I've only done small batches.

Mjl714

Also in Naperville, but cannot get my ro tds to stay in single digits. I suspect pressure may be issue, any recommendations on that pump?

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Also in Naperville, but cannot get my ro tds to stay in single digits. I suspect pressure may be issue, any recommendations on that pump?
Aquatec CDP8800.

Can't remember if I bought on eBay, Amazon, or BRS though.

I'm on well water in Naperville FYI so not sure if I'll be a good representation of what you'll get but I did start with ridiculously high TDS.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
A little unpacking and organizing last night.

Got the 1/4" rigid tubing run for the water change output to the other side of the basement to the sump so the water doesn't go into the septic tanks.

More to do but getting closer to getting the QT wet!

Last edited:

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Cabinet is nearing completion. Need to add the black silicone gaskets and get the rest of my gear hung..

What do you all think?

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
T5 retro kit installed on the DIY frame for the Ocean Revives.

Thanks again Brian [MENTION=746]coral49[/MENTION]

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
The 60g frag tank is up and running and plumbed into the sump with a temporary setup until I get the main display in place.

I also have a pair of Extreme Davinci clownfish from Aquarium Overload through our 7 days of Christmas raffle in QT. They are gorgeous.