Crabs 155g In-Wall Fish Room Build

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
This was ridiculous to navigate and carry to the basement. We took a break half way but successfully got it in place!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rcunning8

Premium member
Dude sick clowns! This is my dream setup right here. That an Sca tank??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
I'm so jealous of the build quality of that tank... :)
I was pleasantly surprised. Although it isn't filled with water yet haha.
Dude sick clowns! This is my dream setup right here. That an Sca tank??

Thanks. It is an SCA tank 60x30x20 drilled for a shadow overflow.

The clowns are doing great in QT at the moment other than one being a little aggressive. I may have to put an insert to split them up for a short while.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Well I got the main tank filled and half the rock and sand in. My right side aquascape had a malfunction and one of the overhangs fell and needed some additional support and epoxy.

Right side being reworked

#theMatrix

Do you think your "wasting" T5 bulb life on a cycle? If the bulbs are used I see no problems but new bulbs on a cycle seems pointless.

As for my actual question. What bulb combo do you plan to run ...number of bulbs. Color combo and bulb location on fixture.

I'm following an edited version of the 8bulb below. But will be replacing 2 of my current blue plus to coral plus.
I am running 3 antinics as well. As I read that with 8bulbs there's enough par that an antinic will compliment the colors and plenty of par/pur

Last edited:

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Do you think your "wasting" T5 bulb life on a cycle? If the bulbs are used I see no problems but new bulbs on a cycle seems pointless.

As for my actual question. What bulb combo do you plan to run ...number of bulbs. Color combo and bulb location on fixture.

I'm following an edited version of the 8bulb below. But will be replacing 2 of my current blue plus to coral plus and running 3 antinics.

Bulbs were on just for the picture. I won't run them for a majority of the cycle and will certainly ease into it when I do.

The bulbs are, from front to back:

Coral+
Blue+
Blue+
Coral+
E5 blue pop
Blue+

Unsure of final bulb combo though at this time.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
First frags dipped and in quarantine. Might be a little early for them in the display but couldn't pass up the fantastic deal from [MENTION=2309]enzo1028[/MENTION]

Here is a quick cell phone picture..

1. Cali Tort
2. BC Pelotti Yellow Tip
3. Bubblegum Milli
4. BC Blue Matrix
5. RR Applejack
6. BC Teenwolf

enzo1028

Premium member
First frags dipped and in quarantine. Might be a little early for them in the display but couldn't pass up the fantastic deal from [MENTION=2309]enzo1028[/MENTION]

Here is a quick cell phone picture..

1. Cali Tort
2. BC Pelotti Yellow Tip
3. Bubblegum Milli
4. BC Blue Matrix
5. RR Applejack
6. BC Teenwolf

Enjoy! Thanks for coming by. Get those bad boys under some blues and you’ll love them

#theMatrix

Nice frag pack.
Is this going in a quarantine tank for corals or in general for observation.

After the dip. I'd say it's ready for the display. Corals don't get affected by cycles from what others told me 4yrs ago.
Other than them being covered in blooms and not getting photo periods. Stay ontop of blowing it off with a baster and the display is good