Kerber13's 120 gal upgrade

kerber13

Ok so im gonna upgrade my 55 to a 120 (YAY) but i have to drill the tank myself. So here's my question...idk where to drill or how many holes to drill...nor do i know what to do after i drill the tank...please help me :)

Funlad3

I'd gladly help you out with anything you need. I have a summer with nothing to do, a tank build in someone else's house? Okay. :D First we need to find you a tank.

kerber13

Well ill wait for a reply and ill see tmrw... usually the bottom are not tempered on most tanks...at least all the tanks that i have purchased.

Funlad3

Nope, we'd need another member here to do so. I also have a glass shop that might be willing too. :)

Funlad3

Moreso know of a friendly glass shop that would gladly drill the hole for free (I hope) if we also bought the glass for an overflow and or baffels for an appropriately sized sump.

In the meantime, I hope Erik's already told the seller he'll but the tank; I bought my 90 gallon TANK ONLY for $100. the larger tank + the stand for only $25 more is a steal. :D

Mr.Ghostly

Moreso know of a friendly glass shop that would gladly drill the hole for free (I hope) if we also bought the glass for an overflow and or baffels for an appropriately sized sump.

In the meantime, I hope Erik's already told the seller he'll but the tank; I bought my 90 gallon TANK ONLY for $100. the larger tank + the stand for only $25 more is a steal. :D
I might be in the need also for my 150...got it for 260 not minus the 2 things i'm trading to him. Will they be able to tell me if the tank is tempered or not?

kerber13

Yes i did tell her ill buy it and asked the time to pick it up...lol sox ...my uncle can drill the tank if we can figure out where to drill it...and i might just buy a sump not sure if i wanna DIY it...i have like no spare tanks unfortunately...hope i answered everything

kerber13

Ok she replied back saying yes...then said its regular aquarium glass so kind of contradicting...ill be picking the tank up Sunday between 2-7

Funlad3

Great.......

The simplest way to tell if a tank is tempered or not is to hold a LCD surface (phone, laptop, etc.) on one side of a panel of glass and to then look at it with polarized glasses. If you see all sorts of stress marks, it's tempered. Otherwise, you're good to go. :D