Poison Dart Frogs - my build and general info

jrpark22000

Premium member
Just purchased my ticket for the tinley park NARBC reptile show for March 21st. Already ordered a 4th leuc PDF from joshs frogs to pickup there, and talked with Mike from glassboxtropicals. He's got several more plants set aside for me. :woohoo: will update with some pics after the show.

jrpark22000

Premium member
:woohoo:

everyone is in their new home...

plant list from Mike at glassboxtropicals.com

leptotes_pohlitinocoi
restrepia_trichoglossa
java_fern_Microsorum_pteropus_'Windelov'
cissus_amazonica
begonia_sp_'lita'
Peperomia_'costa_rica'
sinningia_muscicola
sinningia_'white_sprite'
selaginella_sp_'intermedia_bronze'

Picked up one Green foot leuc from glassboxtropicals and one 1995 green foot leuc from joshsfrogs.com

View attachment 9717

View attachment 9716

jrpark22000

Premium member
Also picked up some jumbo seed pods, confused beetles, giant orange isopods and dwarf white isopods from Mike. I'll get some photos or video of the terrarium with the new plants one they all settle in and put on show signs of growth.

With the cool temps this winter I've had problems keeping even three FF cultures producing enough to keep up. I've used the cultures from Mike and my existing small springtail culture, moving them all into larger plastic shoe box size cultures to help.

madjoe

Premium member
Also picked up some jumbo seed pods, confused beetles, giant orange isopods and dwarf white isopods from Mike. I'll get some photos or video of the terrarium with the new plants one they all settle in and put on show signs of growth.

With the cool temps this winter I've had problems keeping even three FF cultures producing enough to keep up. I've used the cultures from Mike and my existing small springtail culture, moving them all into larger plastic shoe box size cultures to help.
Nice i noticed when i had these frogs and had to breed the ff after so many times breeding them each generation produced less and less babies also used applecider vinegar and yeast if the yeast was bad batch just died . I was gonna try make it to swap but was soending money everywhere else mainly reefwise lol

jrpark22000

Premium member
Nice i noticed when i had these frogs and had to breed the ff after so many times breeding them each generation produced less and less babies also used applecider vinegar and yeast if the yeast was bad batch just died . I was gonna try make it to swap but was soending money everywhere else mainly reefwise lol
Thanks for the heads up. I've been augmenting the FF with cultures from petco (the fruit fly company) brand. When my cultures get low I buy one from petco and use it to seed my next cultures.

I went really early to the swap to beat the crowd. Far too many snakes and geckos, I'm still amazed at how many reptiles are in this show. I try and keep my blinders on to not bring anything unplanned home :D

madjoe

Premium member
Thanks for the heads up. I've been augmenting the FF with cultures from petco (the fruit fly company) brand. When my cultures get low I buy one from petco and use it to seed my next cultures.

I went really early to the swap to beat the crowd. Far too many snakes and geckos, I'm still amazed at how many reptiles are in this show. I try and keep my blinders on to not bring anything unplanned home :D
Yea the one today is more snakes and geckos than anything else but usually can find cool frogs and fly cultures cheep . I was makeing my own mix for awhile but got better results buying pre mixed powder and just adding applecider vinegar . Maybe one day i will do a small frog tank the day geckos r cool to though

jrpark22000

Premium member
Any new frogs or u only have the yellow and black ones
ah ok. Just just the yellow and black ones. I won't mix species in case they want to interbreed. Guys on the frog forums go more nuts about that than tang police do in reefing forums.

madjoe

Premium member
ah ok. Just just the yellow and black ones. I won't mix species in case they want to interbreed. Guys on the frog forums go more nuts about that than tang police do in reefing forums.
Really lol thats nuts so many cool ones i dont think i could build tank and resist buying bunch lol i had em before wel my brother did had bunch dif ones

jrpark22000

Premium member
Really lol thats nuts so many cool ones i dont think i could build tank and resist buying bunch lol i had em before wel my brother did had bunch dif ones
totally agree. If you do mix em, it's like fight club. #1 rule, don't post pics of mixed, #2, don't talk you mix, #3 rag on others who mix. LOL