Spartanman22's Fluval M90

Funlad3

I was going for the Pink Floyd but they were going so fast. My understanding is that they are basically the same thing. Unfortunately the After Sparty is a little pricier. Oh well it wasn’t too much more.
I missed this reply; I've had the Pink Floyd, and the After Party is a WAY brighter yellow with a lot more red in it's polyps. When I fix my tank, I definitely want both, but the AP is higher on my list. :)

Spartanman22

Blue Line was able to get me another Multibar, kudos to those guys! But unfortunately 5 days in and he still won’t eat. He’s starting to act listless and won’t even graze. I’m just wondering if it’s a collection issue at this point. Ideally I’d get one from an LFS that’s had them for a while and been eating, but given how hard it is to find these guys that’s just not really an option.

It doesn’t look like this guys going to make it. Likely if I go with another I think it’ll have to be from Live Aquaria’s DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultimatemj

This is exactly what Reefwise was sooo good for...hope they inherit Brian's diver/collector connections and quarantine practices.

Spartanman22

This is exactly what Reefwise was sooo good for...hope they inherit Brian's diver/collector connections and quarantine practices.
Agreed. Any finicky fish I’ve ever had success with came from them. Including the few multibar I’ve had in previous tanks. I’m hoping they breath some life back into the place.

Spartanman22

Cabinets done (mostly)! Just need to drill out the cord grommets and finish some detail painting. Plus cutting the granite to size for the top. I’ve recently been debating switching to a live edge wood top, but I’ve already got the granite....

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Cabinets done (mostly)! Just need to drill out the cord grommets and finish some detail painting. Plus cutting the granite to size for the top. I’ve recently been debating switching to a live edge wood top, but I’ve already got the granite....

Totally stealing this idea on the tray!

Spartanman22

What did u get?
From right to left (and then back): UC Dippin Dots, WWC After Party, Freebie (looks like a Miyagi or WWC Yellow Tips), FHC Fireweed, and Bali Tricolor.

The picture sucks as it’s a quick iPhone shot, but I will always highly recommend Fraghouse Corals. The colors he gets are great and his photos are very true to real life. No need to worry about doctored photos. I always look forward to his sales. Can’t wait for their site is up and running. The website is currently being renovated so there’s nothing listed on it at the moment but in the past he’d have all his signature colonies with blue and white photos which I’m a huge fan of.

Spartanman22

Adam

You will need a bigger tank

I couldn’t agree with you more! I should have a good understanding of where I’ll be at after this corona crap. I was supposed to be moving to New York, and have been planning a dream tank upgrade. All the stuff has been sitting in storage. I should find out in the next couple weeks if I’ll actually be going to New York still. If not I’ll start setting up the new tank right away.

Spartanman22

New stand is in. Need to tidy a few cables up and clean up those shins but so far loving it. Matches the rest of the room/houses furniture and my OCD can rest. Ran into a moment of terror while transferring the tank. This tank is an AIO by Fluval. Fluval thought it would be a good idea to place a drain port on the bottom of the return section. Not a terrible idea but makes it a pain in the ass moving a tank! The stands were the same size but since there’s a small valve on the bottom I couldn’t just slide it onto the new stand, it had to be lifted and dropped into place.

Started by maneuvering the non drilled side to the new stand then lifted and rotated the drilled side to drop into place. While rotating I get the worst sound possible - crunching chipping glass. Fortunately it was a very small superficial 1-3/32” sliver on the back corners face. Not even enough to expose any silicon edge. But enough to send a shiver of panic down my spine. I’ll likely expedite my upgrade process though just to be cautious!

I’m also on my 3rd attempt with one of these guys. This one was the healthiest that came in by far. He was very far when I got him and much more active. He’s been shy but is starting to come around. It’s been about a week and half and he hasn’t taken to anything yet, but did nibble on some Cyclopeez yesterday. I’m going to pickup some fresh clams today and try those.

Mjl714

New stand is in. Need to tidy a few cables up and clean up those shins but so far loving it. Matches the rest of the room/houses furniture and my OCD can rest. Ran into a moment of terror while transferring the tank. This tank is an AIO by Fluval. Fluval thought it would be a good idea to place a drain port on the bottom of the return section. Not a terrible idea but makes it a pain in the ass moving a tank! The stands were the same size but since there’s a small valve on the bottom I couldn’t just slide it onto the new stand, it had to be lifted and dropped into place.

Started by maneuvering the non drilled side to the new stand then lifted and rotated the drilled side to drop into place. While rotating I get the worst sound possible - crunching chipping glass. Fortunately it was a very small superficial 1-3/32” sliver on the back corners face. Not even enough to expose any silicon edge. But enough to send a shiver of panic down my spine. I’ll likely expedite my upgrade process though just to be cautious!

I’m also on my 3rd attempt with one of these guys. This one was the healthiest that came in by far. He was very far when I got him and much more active. He’s been shy but is starting to come around. It’s been about a week and half and he hasn’t taken to anything yet, but did nibble on some Cyclopeez yesterday. I’m going to pickup some fresh clams today and try those.

Looks like you found the multibar angel, looks like it is doing fine.